Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theme doesn`t refresh  (Read 4874 times)

Cypher

• Coppermine newbie
Theme doesn`t refresh
« on: October 27, 2005, 05:30:17 pm »

Hi,

Im having a big problem with my themes. First everything seemed to go just fine, I downloaded a new theme from your template/theme section(blackbirch). Then I made some adjustments to that theme, like put my own links to there etc. but yeasterday when I tried to add another link(3rd one) it didn`t refresh to the netpage! I edited the template.html(or something like that)  and uploaded that file just like normally to via my ftp account but nothing happened in the netsite. I tried to change the theme to the classic(default in the start) but after series of refreshes and new page loads it didn`t change, blackbirch theme was just stuck on my screen.

What could be the answer to this mysterious problem?  :-[

(coppermine gallery version 1.3.5)

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Theme doesn`t refresh
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 06:12:37 pm »

first clear your cookies and then retry.. a link to your site is always helpful

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 06:55:40 pm »

Make sure you don't have a template.html accidently uploaded into your main coppermine folder.

Cypher

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 07:07:11 pm »

Weirdly enough, I have actually uploaded that .html file to its right folder. And I have used several computers after changing that theme back to classic.

Is there anyway to reinstall this gallery and keep my old pictures? I`ve got over 500 video + other clips in this gallery so I don`t wanna lose those and all those descriptions etc.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 07:31:13 pm »

Is there anyway to reinstall this gallery and keep my old pictures? I`ve got over 500 video + other clips in this gallery so I don`t wanna lose those and all those descriptions etc.

That's overkill for this situation.  Send me a PM with your site link and admin username and password.  Also give me a link to your phpMyAdmin, and the username/password, and a link to your cPanel and username/password.  If your site is not worksafe, tell me in your PM.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Cypher

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 02:41:46 pm »

That's overkill for this situation.  Send me a PM with your site link and admin username and password.  Also give me a link to your phpMyAdmin, and the username/password, and a link to your cPanel and username/password.  If your site is not worksafe, tell me in your PM.

Yes.. Perhaps Im a bit paranoid about this thing, but I very rarely give my passwords to anyone  ;) Anyways, I have thought to change the whole site language to a different language so I have to anyways translate all the descriptions so that reinstall doesn`t matter so much. But is it possible to reinstall that gallery without losing those pics and their descriptions? It would be a lot easier to just translate all those descriptions than watch every pic and write a new description!

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 02:46:18 pm »

Can you post a link ?

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 02:50:08 pm »

reinstall:
1. make a backup of your entire coppermine folder and the mysql database
2. delete everything except the 'albums' folder and include/config.inc.php (and don't touch the mysql db)
3. upload fresh coppermine files (except albums dir... but it shouldn't matter)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 02:59:42 pm »

don't re-install, it should be easy to solve the theme issue without installing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.