Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theme doesn`t refresh  (Read 4880 times)

Cypher

• Coppermine newbie
Theme doesn`t refresh
« on: October 27, 2005, 05:30:17 pm »

Hi,

Im having a big problem with my themes. First everything seemed to go just fine, I downloaded a new theme from your template/theme section(blackbirch). Then I made some adjustments to that theme, like put my own links to there etc. but yeasterday when I tried to add another link(3rd one) it didn`t refresh to the netpage! I edited the template.html(or something like that)  and uploaded that file just like normally to via my ftp account but nothing happened in the netsite. I tried to change the theme to the classic(default in the start) but after series of refreshes and new page loads it didn`t change, blackbirch theme was just stuck on my screen.

What could be the answer to this mysterious problem?  :-[

(coppermine gallery version 1.3.5)

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Theme doesn`t refresh
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 06:12:37 pm »

first clear your cookies and then retry.. a link to your site is always helpful

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 06:55:40 pm »

Make sure you don't have a template.html accidently uploaded into your main coppermine folder.

Cypher

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 07:07:11 pm »

Weirdly enough, I have actually uploaded that .html file to its right folder. And I have used several computers after changing that theme back to classic.

Is there anyway to reinstall this gallery and keep my old pictures? I`ve got over 500 video + other clips in this gallery so I don`t wanna lose those and all those descriptions etc.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 07:31:13 pm »

Is there anyway to reinstall this gallery and keep my old pictures? I`ve got over 500 video + other clips in this gallery so I don`t wanna lose those and all those descriptions etc.

That's overkill for this situation.  Send me a PM with your site link and admin username and password.  Also give me a link to your phpMyAdmin, and the username/password, and a link to your cPanel and username/password.  If your site is not worksafe, tell me in your PM.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Cypher

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 02:41:46 pm »

That's overkill for this situation.  Send me a PM with your site link and admin username and password.  Also give me a link to your phpMyAdmin, and the username/password, and a link to your cPanel and username/password.  If your site is not worksafe, tell me in your PM.

Yes.. Perhaps Im a bit paranoid about this thing, but I very rarely give my passwords to anyone  ;) Anyways, I have thought to change the whole site language to a different language so I have to anyways translate all the descriptions so that reinstall doesn`t matter so much. But is it possible to reinstall that gallery without losing those pics and their descriptions? It would be a lot easier to just translate all those descriptions than watch every pic and write a new description!

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 02:46:18 pm »

Can you post a link ?

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 02:50:08 pm »

reinstall:
1. make a backup of your entire coppermine folder and the mysql database
2. delete everything except the 'albums' folder and include/config.inc.php (and don't touch the mysql db)
3. upload fresh coppermine files (except albums dir... but it shouldn't matter)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 02:59:42 pm »

don't re-install, it should be easy to solve the theme issue without installing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.