Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Putting eyball theme into my html page problem with IE  (Read 6648 times)

ckleiman

• Coppermine newbie
Putting eyball theme into my html page problem with IE
« on: October 25, 2005, 02:38:10 pm »

I just integrated Coppermine 1.33 with Eyeball theme into one of my html pages. Looks ok in Firefox...........but, too wide in IE. So I searched forums for help and came across this thread; http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=20191.0

Supposedly the problem was solved by the user when he added the following code into the style.css

* html #page table{ width:75%;}
* html #page table table{ width:100%;}

Sounded like a good idea so I tried. Unfortunately, no luck!

So, I'm not sure what the problem is.

For the record, I took the original index.php and copied into my html page and rename to index.php. At the very beginning of the new page I put this line;

<?php ob_start(); ?>

At the very end of the page I put this line;

<?php ob_end_flush(); ?>

Is there a better way to do this?

Since the result doesn't look so good in IE I've decided not to use the new index.php, for the moment.

I have attached screen shots of page in both browsers.

Any help much appreciated! :)

« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 08:00:03 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Putting eyball theme into my html page problem with IE
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 07:02:46 pm »

I don't like looking at screenshots - I prefer looking at the real thing. Post a link to your site.

For the record, I took the original index.php and copied into my html page and rename to index.php. At the very beginning of the new page I put this line;

<?php ob_start(); ?>

<?php ob_end_flush(); ?>
sounds a bit nonsensical to me. When editing the look of your page, you're suppossed to edit the files within the themes folder. You shouldn't mess with index.php at all. Buffering the output there is not a bright idea, as this is done elsewhere already (when the template is being parsed).

ckleiman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 07:54:11 pm »

<?php ob_start(); ?>

<?php ob_end_flush(); ?>
sounds a bit nonsensical to me. When editing the look of your page, you're suppossed to edit the files within the themes folder. You shouldn't mess with index.php at all. Buffering the output there is not a bright idea, as this is done elsewhere already (when the template is being parsed).
I'm not editing the theme at all. Only trying to put inside my html page. The method may sound non-sensical to you but it works! I learned how to put a php page inside an html from Achim Winkler's Guestbook. I think others may be using different methods, but, this is the only one I'm familiar with.

No, I don't want to monkey with the eyeball theme. It looks great! I just want to put inside my html page so it appears to be part of the same site with logo etc.

I'm satisfied with the way it looks in Firefox. It's too wide in IE, however, and, unfortunately, most people still use IE. So, I took it down from the site until I can, hopefully, get it figured out. That's why the screen shots. Here's the link anyway; http://www.vityusa.com/cpg133/index.php

« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 11:56:04 pm by GauGau »

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 10:14:52 pm »

You could do it two ways.

One would be to modify the template.html so that it looks like your html pages.

The second would be to change all the 100% in theme.php to a smaller percentage.
Then do the same with template.html.  Also in template.html, do a search for width and change the hardcoded width sizes, which were something like 788px. or close to it.

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

ckleiman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 10:29:58 pm »

<?php ob_start(); ?>

<?php ob_end_flush(); ?>

I think you're right about that. Much easier to use php include. Still same result, however.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 11:55:26 pm by GauGau »

ckleiman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 12:35:30 am »

The second would be to change all the 100% in theme.php to a smaller percentage.
Then do the same with template.html.  Also in template.html, do a search for width and change the hardcoded width sizes, which were something like 788px. or close to it.

Dennis

I tried both and more all with the same result. In other words, there's more than one way to skin a cat. Interesting, now that I have my html page with Coppermine inside I'm able to other themes, like the hardwired, for example, without this problem. Unfortunately, I don't like this theme as much. It opens the large images in a pop up window with "scroll bars", which, is unacceptable when you can have it pop up in a box that auto sizes to the image.

I've looked at the other themes on this site and I think the eyeball is the best so I'm going to continue trying. It's probably a code that IE needs to see in a different way than FireFox.

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 12:54:08 am »

Try changing the resolution of your monitor, see if it sits perfectly on a larger display. If it does, then I would think the menu and header section is too wide to fit in that frame or table that you created in your html file. It that is the case, try removing a button, maybe the Last Upload button since it already displays the thumbnails on the album list page.

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

ckleiman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 01:36:05 am »

Try changing the resolution of your monitor, see if it sits perfectly on a larger display. If it does, then I would think the menu and header section is too wide to fit in that frame or table that you created in your html file. It that is the case, try removing a button, maybe the Last Upload button since it already displays the thumbnails on the album list page.

Dennis

I decided to try removing the last upload button first and guess what? The width got smaller! Just like I wanted! I found the table data for this button in the theme.php

Thanks for the tip! Now that I know I've gone ahead and removed a couple of other unnececessary buttons (since I'm not allowing user registration yet) and made the size even better!

Many thanks for your help!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2005, 06:02:26 am »

don't remove the "register" button in your theme. Instead: disable registration of new users in coppermine's config.

ckleiman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2005, 11:27:19 pm »

don't remove the "register" button in your theme. Instead: disable registration of new users in coppermine's config.

I don't think there is a register button in this theme. just a link, which, I haven't removed. It shows up along side the login link. However, when you disable user registration this link disappears.

ckleiman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 04:55:43 am »

Dennis

Dennis,

You're right! Changing the template.html to my theme is the best solution. This way Coppermine always stays within the html page no matter where you navigate. When I changed the index.php it showed Coppermine in my html page at the beginning but once you began navigating the html page disappeared. It only came back when you clicked home. So, I hope this post may help others in the future and thank you for the excellent support!

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 10:47:08 am »

ahh, thank you,

It's good to be right, sometimes.
Glad you got it working the way you want.

Dennis
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.