Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine made simple  (Read 4847 times)

NeoID

• Coppermine novice
Coppermine made simple
« on: October 21, 2005, 10:06:10 pm »

I really like the coppermine gallery, but I'm a little bit afraid that my users think it's too complicated... Is it possible to make it look more simpel in general.
I don't want to copy others work, but how is it possible to get the gallery to look something like http://www.hongfire.com/gallery/ that?

I would like to have all the galleries underneath each other and a picture of the latest picture to the left...

If anyone knows about a pre-made theme or how/what files to modify I would give you a big thank you in advance...  ;)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 12:39:18 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Coppermine made simple
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 12:44:41 am »

check the demo, using the "choose a theme" dropdown. Category and album thumbnails are a standard feature.

NeoID

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 07:23:44 am »

check the demo, using the "choose a theme" dropdown. Category and album thumbnails are a standard feature.

What do you mean by "Category and album thumbnails are a standard feature."? Isn't it possible to change the layout?
The demo just show the gallery in different colors, the struction is almost the same on every theme...

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 09:29:48 am »

q:
... is it possible to get the gallery to look something like http://www.hongfire.com/gallery/ that?

I would like to have all the galleries underneath each other and a picture of the latest picture to the left...

a::
... Category and album thumbnails are a standard feature.

in other words: yes, what you see in your link are albums sorted in categories

NeoID

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 04:35:17 pm »

..but I think the classic interface is a little bit too complicated for new users. As I understand the only way of displaying a thumbnail of the latest picture is when I switch "Show first level album thumbnails in categories" to "yes". The other thing is about the albums. Is it possible to use categories direcly as albums? If I have a category called "Nature" for example, I would all pictures to go to that category, not individual albums. It's kind of hard to explain, but after having gone though the config-page, I can't find the answears to my problems....

As mentioned, the layout Hongfire is using is very user friendly, but I can't see how they managed to get it to look like that.

Again, sorry about my bad english, and thanks for the support, great job!  :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 07:35:10 am »

I'm sorry, I don't get your point. Pic uploads can not go into categories, they can only go into albums. However, you're free to create albums withing the root category. That's in fact what Hongfire does. Works well if you don't have too many albums. You could move albums from the root category into several sub-categories later though if you find out you have too many of them. For now, I suggest you post a link to your site to let us have a look at what you have accomplished so far.

NeoID

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 10:21:27 am »

I'see...

Is it possible to put all albums underneath each other like they did? I've checked the themes from the dropdown-list, but I didn't fint anything...
I'm not going to have too many albums, so I guess it will be fine..
I've just begun to modify the galleri (nothing special): http://animenord.byethost.com/galleri/

If anyone knows..what code do I have to change? Thanks!  ;)

Edit: I'm stupid.. :-X
Now all albums are placed underneath each other... As I understand, the only file that handles the visual appearance is "index.php" within the themes/classic (for example)...!?
Please correct me if I'm wrong, thanks for the support up untill now...  :)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 10:37:30 am by NeoID »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 11:23:58 am »

As I understand, the only file that handles the visual appearance is "index.php" within the themes/classic (for example)...!?
Please correct me if I'm wrong, thanks for the support up untill now...  :)
That's correct, but you don't have to edit the file index.php to change the appearance - edit the theme instead (and the coppermine options). Anyway, I'm glad you finally figured this out on your own. Is this thread solved then?

NeoID

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 11:45:08 am »

Yes, I guess you can set it as solved, thanks alot GauGau!  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.