Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with deleting an album...  (Read 3384 times)

nhammack

• Coppermine newbie
  • IamDexter
    • www.nathanhammack.com
Help with deleting an album...
« on: September 07, 2005, 05:42:03 pm »

Well after I explain this it may not be as easy as I originally thought...

I had uploaded a folder onto my ftp and batch added new photo's to my "Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.3.2"

I guess I was curious if it would work or not, but after setting up an album and putting images on that album I had deleted the folder on my FTP which originally contained the images in it. I guess it also created thumbs and other files as well from that folder because now when I attempt to delete the album from my Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.3.2 it will not allow me to remove it, this is what I get:

Critical Error: Directory 'albums/work/chawinter2k5/' is not writable, files can't be deleted

Not quite sure how to rid of the album on my coppermine gallery, and any deleted images that cannot be shown anymore.

Help?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 06:26:08 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Help with deleting an album...
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 05:51:41 pm »

Create the folder albums/work/chawinter2k5/ and then delete the album through Coppermine. All deletions must be made using Coppermine, if you do things with FTP then Coppermine knows nothing about what you have done.

nhammack

• Coppermine newbie
  • IamDexter
    • www.nathanhammack.com
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 06:03:31 pm »

well I did re-create the folder in hopes that it would find it again, obviously all the files in it are missing, but it still won't detect that there is an actual directory once again.  :-\\

nhammack

• Coppermine newbie
  • IamDexter
    • www.nathanhammack.com
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 06:12:34 pm »

please excuse my "retardedness"... it really helps if you create the folder in the right directory  ;D

Good: albums/work/chawinter2k5/

Bad: albums/chawinter2k5/

(I did the bad example)  :-[

God I need more sleep, thank you for your help Nibbler!  :D

darktea

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 08:20:28 pm »

Thanks guys, I had the same problem, buts its now solved.  I was looking through the support forum for help with something else, so this was a bonus  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.