Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allowing admins to move photos into USER's Albums  (Read 5352 times)

ISBB

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Northwest ZR2's
Allowing admins to move photos into USER's Albums
« on: October 20, 2005, 08:43:19 am »

I have a couple NO Category albums and when ME or Another admin trys to move photos to either his album or mine it will only let you move it to the album of the person who uploaded that file.. is there any way around this... ADMINS only bear in mind... we have some photos we need to move around to diffrent user albums but cant quite seem to accomplish the task just by using regular edit description button??
Its gaurunteed.. until it breaks

Lifted trucks are like boob jobs, no matter what size shape or dimension they are always fun to look at.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Allowing admins to move photos into USER's Albums
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 09:00:30 am »

in editpics.php find in function get_user_albums($user_id)

Code: [Select]
                $user_albums = db_query("SELECT aid, title FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_ALBUMS']} WHERE category='".(FIRST_USER_CAT + $user_id)."' ORDER BY title");
and repace with

Code: [Select]
                $user_albums = db_query("SELECT aid, title FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_ALBUMS']} WHERE category>='".(FIRST_USER_CAT)."' ORDER BY title");
untested!!! Try with different user accounts

ISBB

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Northwest ZR2's
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 09:28:45 am »

I will give it a whirl when i get to the office tomorrow thx.. :D
Its gaurunteed.. until it breaks

Lifted trucks are like boob jobs, no matter what size shape or dimension they are always fun to look at.

agridoc

• Coppermine novice
    • Aeromodelling GR - Aeromodelling in Greece
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 10:11:46 am »

Hi Stramm, I see this is the same change that I tested yesterday for Allowing users to move files from own to public album. I wrote there
By using this modification a user can move a file from his own album to ANY album, public or personal, more than the administrator is usually allowed to do.
It works OK for this topic but it gives the requested administrator rights to every registered member (you had put a warning that it was untested) . Some restrictions are needed.

It is an interesting modification, however it would be rather confusing in a big gallery. Mine is not big yet, however the list I saw was long enough to be a bit disturbing. Moreover members may use the same name for their albums, usually galleries have a subject and similar or the same names are not unusual in users albums. I think it will need quite some work and not just a smart query change to be really functional for a medium or big size gallery.

I hope I don't brake some rules as I will propose a different approach and working solution until something better appears.

Request: Allowing admins to move photos into USER's Albums
Purpose: (My estimation) A user uploads by mistake a file to a public album instead of uploading to his own. Without any change in the code the file must be removed by the administrator and uploaded again by the user. The requested modification will allow the administrator to move the file to a users album. Many administrators don't like the idea of removing files because a user has made a simple mistake.

By using the recently solved Allowing users to edit their uploaded files... the user can do this by editing the file without need of administrator's intervention. It has other benefits I think, others may don't like the idea of course.

There is another problem also, the administrator doesn't want to delete the file but he doesn't also want a file out of subject showing in the album. Well, most galleries have a general public album for members photos so it can be moved there temporarily until the member moves it in the correct location. This solution has the extra benefit in the case a user has uploaded a file in the wrong public album. If it is moved to the user's gallery it can't be moved by the user in the correct public album unless Allowing users to move files from own to public album is solved. The last can be solved by a smart query change, I think.

I hope you will excuse me for the lengthy message. I tried to see and solve the request by my real needs and functionality point of view.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 10:43:18 am by agridoc »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.