Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Find All By This Artist...  (Read 3476 times)

LevelOne

• Coppermine newbie
  • Elite Genesis CEO
    • Render World.Com
Find All By This Artist...
« on: October 18, 2005, 08:49:38 am »

Greetings and Salutations To Whom This May Concern:

I'm a Staff member at Render-World.Com, and we have an enourmous gallery of renders that we upload, and fixate (place in order) from time to time.

Veteran members, to include new members may have a "favorite" artist of whom they would rather find all renders related and made by that artist only.
Is there a code that can be administered that will make this occur that can be programmed into the site/forum?

The site is Coppermine php based. 

Here is the question that I typed in our SUGGESTIONS thread. 
"How about an FABTA Button? FIND ALL BY THIS ARTIST. Some folks prefer their favorite PNG Render artist. Why not have a button setup that will search the gallery and find ALL RENDERS by that artist, or a group of artists in one sort, searching no more than 3 artists at a grouped time. Like if I want just Mole888, Serenity and Yayo's renders in a search, I type in the names and whammo. I have a page of all of their renders grouped by artist name. Or if I just want one, the same results follow.

This would also serve new members easier, whom may already have an eye out for their favorite Renderer.

Just a suggestion. This is something I haven't seen done yet....correct me if I'm wrong. I've seen category selection searches....which is common, but not "Search By Artist". That might be a long icon button. LOL!

Can you help me/us?  Thank you so much.

LevelONe

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Find All By This Artist...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 01:29:52 pm »

this is the general discussion. If you want a dev to answer your question you should use the support board

LevelOne

• Coppermine newbie
  • Elite Genesis CEO
    • Render World.Com
Find All By Artist
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 04:02:15 pm »

Greetings and Salutations To Whom This May Concern:

I'm a Staff member at Render-World.Com, and we have an enourmous gallery of renders that we upload, and fixate (place in order) from time to time.

Veteran members, to include new members may have a "favorite" artist of whom they would rather find all renders related and made by that artist only.
Is there a code that can be administered that will make this occur that can be programmed into the site/forum?

The site is Coppermine php based. 

Here is the question that I typed in our SUGGESTIONS thread. 
"How about an FABTA Button? FIND ALL BY THIS ARTIST. Some folks prefer their favorite PNG Render artist. Why not have a button setup that will search the gallery and find ALL RENDERS by that artist, or a group of artists in one sort, searching no more than 3 artists at a grouped time. Like if I want just Mole888, Serenity and Yayo's renders in a search, I type in the names and whammo. I have a page of all of their renders grouped by artist name. Or if I just want one, the same results follow.

This would also serve new members easier, whom may already have an eye out for their favorite Renderer.

Just a suggestion. This is something I haven't seen done yet....correct me if I'm wrong. I've seen category selection searches....which is common, but not "Search By Artist". That might be a long icon button. LOL!

Can you help me/us?  Thank you so much.

LevelONe

NOTE: Was told to post here.  I'm not knowledgable on where to post.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Find All By Artist
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 07:11:38 am »

you're not using pnCPG (which is coppermine embedded into postnuke), but coppermine as a standalone (v1.3.x), so your posting shouldn't have gone into this thread. Merging your requests and moving them accordingly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.