Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resizing and adding pictures in gallery  (Read 5739 times)

amirhp

• Coppermine newbie
Resizing and adding pictures in gallery
« on: October 18, 2005, 08:51:04 pm »

Hello, :)
I uploaded a lot of high res photos from another site directly to my site server but they're too big so I though that I must resize them online because they're not on my pc. So I use coppermine itself to create intermediate pictures. I delete main files and thumbnails and transfer them to a new folder in albums folder. I installed two coppermine gallery and use one of them for resizing and another for my main gallery. Anyway I tried to put them in gallery by batch add files but it said no new files and also create a folder named _vti_cnf. I know it's not a usual and standard problem but if you help me, you make me pleased. Thanks. ;)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 09:49:07 pm by Nibbler »

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Re: Resizing and adding pictures in gallery
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 08:53:40 pm »

amirhp,

If the two coppermine galleries are sharing the same database and table prefixes. This is not going to work.  It would mean that both coppermine installs think that the files have already been resized and added.

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

amirhp

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 09:01:12 pm »

:) Thanks Dennis for answering but my these two have completely different database and everything but I installed them by Fantastico. Do you think it's not good.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 09:30:31 pm by amirhp »

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 09:30:06 pm »

:DThanks Dennis for answering but my these two have completely different database and everything but I installed them by Fantastico. Do you think it's not good.

We have had a lot of problems with the fantastico version of coppermine.  You may want to update both installs with 1.35 download.  Just follow the updating instructions. Essentially you will copy over everything except the config.inc.php file which resides in your INCLUDE folder. Once updated, try the batch add again.

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 09:36:41 pm »

ALSO,

check your Target address for the 'See more pictures' link in e-cards settings in the Config panel.

Dennis

amirhp

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2005, 09:06:23 pm »

If I want to install the galleries manually I have to change permissions of all files and folders so it's very difficult...

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 09:49:21 pm »

amir,

I just realized the problem.  When you transferred the resized files to the second Coppermine install, the file names were something like thumb_filename.jpg  and normal_filename.jpg .

Coppermine batch add function sees these thumb_  and normal_ prefixes as pictures that have already been installed. That's why it doesn't work.

You will need to rename all the normal_ pics  to their original names. Delete the thumb_ files  Then run batch add again.

Dennis

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 08:36:14 am »

1. changing owners/ permissions in the albums folder is just one command... so nothing to be afraid of
2. if you r server has enough mem to resize that big images, then you what about trying one of the mods in the hacks forum http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?board=33.0

There are two mods that resize the orig pic to a size you set and still allow the usage of intermediate. I gues that's what you're doing right now. Uploading eg 2048x1600px images, resizing them to eg 1024x800 and creating 640x480 intermediate and thumb

amirhp

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 09:47:26 pm »

:DThanks Dennis and Stramm. My problem solved. The real problem is what you wrote about normal_ prefix. Yes I renamed all files then I easily add to the albums. Thanks Dennis another time. :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.