Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Find All By This Artist...  (Read 3308 times)

LevelOne

• Coppermine newbie
  • Elite Genesis CEO
    • Render World.Com
Find All By This Artist...
« on: October 18, 2005, 08:49:38 am »

Greetings and Salutations To Whom This May Concern:

I'm a Staff member at Render-World.Com, and we have an enourmous gallery of renders that we upload, and fixate (place in order) from time to time.

Veteran members, to include new members may have a "favorite" artist of whom they would rather find all renders related and made by that artist only.
Is there a code that can be administered that will make this occur that can be programmed into the site/forum?

The site is Coppermine php based. 

Here is the question that I typed in our SUGGESTIONS thread. 
"How about an FABTA Button? FIND ALL BY THIS ARTIST. Some folks prefer their favorite PNG Render artist. Why not have a button setup that will search the gallery and find ALL RENDERS by that artist, or a group of artists in one sort, searching no more than 3 artists at a grouped time. Like if I want just Mole888, Serenity and Yayo's renders in a search, I type in the names and whammo. I have a page of all of their renders grouped by artist name. Or if I just want one, the same results follow.

This would also serve new members easier, whom may already have an eye out for their favorite Renderer.

Just a suggestion. This is something I haven't seen done yet....correct me if I'm wrong. I've seen category selection searches....which is common, but not "Search By Artist". That might be a long icon button. LOL!

Can you help me/us?  Thank you so much.

LevelONe

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Find All By This Artist...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 01:29:52 pm »

this is the general discussion. If you want a dev to answer your question you should use the support board

LevelOne

• Coppermine newbie
  • Elite Genesis CEO
    • Render World.Com
Re: Find All By This Artist...
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 04:00:23 pm »

Which support board?

LevelOne

• Coppermine newbie
  • Elite Genesis CEO
    • Render World.Com
Find All By Artist
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 04:02:15 pm »

Greetings and Salutations To Whom This May Concern:

I'm a Staff member at Render-World.Com, and we have an enourmous gallery of renders that we upload, and fixate (place in order) from time to time.

Veteran members, to include new members may have a "favorite" artist of whom they would rather find all renders related and made by that artist only.
Is there a code that can be administered that will make this occur that can be programmed into the site/forum?

The site is Coppermine php based. 

Here is the question that I typed in our SUGGESTIONS thread. 
"How about an FABTA Button? FIND ALL BY THIS ARTIST. Some folks prefer their favorite PNG Render artist. Why not have a button setup that will search the gallery and find ALL RENDERS by that artist, or a group of artists in one sort, searching no more than 3 artists at a grouped time. Like if I want just Mole888, Serenity and Yayo's renders in a search, I type in the names and whammo. I have a page of all of their renders grouped by artist name. Or if I just want one, the same results follow.

This would also serve new members easier, whom may already have an eye out for their favorite Renderer.

Just a suggestion. This is something I haven't seen done yet....correct me if I'm wrong. I've seen category selection searches....which is common, but not "Search By Artist". That might be a long icon button. LOL!

Can you help me/us?  Thank you so much.

LevelONe

NOTE: Was told to post here.  I'm not knowledgable on where to post.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Find All By Artist
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2005, 07:11:38 am »

you're not using pnCPG (which is coppermine embedded into postnuke), but coppermine as a standalone (v1.3.x), so your posting shouldn't have gone into this thread. Merging your requests and moving them accordingly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.