Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Searching through EXIF data  (Read 3454 times)

Magnumi

• Coppermine newbie
Searching through EXIF data
« on: October 18, 2005, 08:24:29 am »

I'm trying to make an decision between Gallery2 and Coppermine in an company project that I've been working on. The project is about creating an data repository for all kinds of images and it has to be searchable. Every image posted should come with meta-tags or keywords which should be searchable throught the system.

I came to the conclusion that it would be way smarter to put all the extra data and tags into the actual images as EXIF data and then try to get that data to the gallery. While using Gallery2 I succeeded in doing this and I also got the search function working right which was vital to my project. It didn't work "cleanly" instead while uploading the system took the EXIF data from the comment field and pasted it into the system to an caption field. But hey- it worked nicely.

Now I've been trying to do the same thing with Coppermine, but without success. CPG displays the EXIF data nicely below the image but the seach function doesn't find anything. I've tried going through all the support forums without success. Some posts have mentioned that it should work..

Am I doing something wrong or is a yet-to-be-released feature?

Thanks for your quick reply and keep up the good work! =)

-Mikko Suihko

Magnumi

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Searching through EXIF data
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 10:08:07 am »

It it really so hard to get support for this issue?!?  :(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 06:09:37 pm »

exif metadata is currently not searched, but it shouldn't be too hard to come up with a mechanism that does this, at least for cpg1.4.x

Magnumi

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 07:09:21 am »

I know you hear this all the time, but it would be awesome if you could integrate this option to the next oncoming release (1.4). Even if it doesn't work "cleanly" I would be quite happy if it would work even in some way (like in Gallery2). In the meantime it would seem that I have to start building the site with G2 and then switch to Coppermine when the feature is implemented if someone doesn't find an workaround.

Btw. Couldn't someone just make an small mod which would paste the EXIF information to an caption/comment field in Coppermine in the meantime?

Keep up the good work! =)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 07:49:33 am »

We have a feature-freeze for cpg1.4.x, which means that no new features will be added. This is why your request will have to wait for cpg1.5.x or will have to be contributed as a mod.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.