Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZIP download  (Read 6800 times)

Fréderic

• Coppermine novice
ZIP download
« on: September 10, 2005, 01:57:23 pm »

Since I haven't found the answer to my question (while using search) I'm giving it a go here.
Is there a function which allows me to download a whole album (or all the albums of a specific user) as a ZIP archive? I've found a script for Coppermine 1.2, but I'm using 1.3.3 so I haven't found this modification.
Is it a hidden function, or isn't my request possible?

Thanks!

Azrayen

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • azrayen.net
Re: ZIP download
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 12:40:34 am »

It's not possible for a whole album... But you can choose to add evey pics of an album to your "favorites" (using the link displayed with the picture's informations [ i ] ).

Then, go to "my favorites" and click on the Download Zip file button.

If the button isn't displayed, log as an admin and set " Allow ZIP-download of favorites" to yes.

Azy

mdp

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 09:44:06 pm »

It's not possible for a whole album... But you can choose to add evey pics of an album to your "favorites" (using the link displayed with the picture's informations [ i ] ).

Then, go to "my favorites" and click on the Download Zip file button.

If the button isn't displayed, log as an admin and set " Allow ZIP-download of favorites" to yes.

Azy

Pain in the @ss if you ask me.  I would like for new version to provide that kind of ZIP Download for each Album listed.  I had few requests wanting to download the whole album so they could burn their CD for memory.  So just thought this might be something to think of??

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 09:59:42 pm »

Pain in the @ss if you ask me.  I would like for new version to provide that kind of ZIP Download for each Album listed.  I had few requests wanting to download the whole album so they could burn their CD for memory.  So just thought this might be something to think of??

Being locked out of your site due to over use of bandwidth is a bigger pain if you ask me. But if you insist, I believe there is a mod/hack that allows this.  Be sure to read the warnings before implementing it though.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=3968.msg87633#msg87633

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

mdp

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 10:05:42 pm »

madeinhawaii,

Thank for sharing this!

mdp

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 10:09:00 pm »

Oh, I think this mods is for the whole album?  I was speaking of each album individually and I think I can imagine why too much bandwidth may be an issue.

Maybe I should just burn the CD myself and sell it to customers who is requesting for ZIP Download so I can make more money??  ;D

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 10:26:56 pm »

Oh, I think this mods is for the whole album?  I was speaking of each album individually and I think I can imagine why too much bandwidth may be an issue.

Maybe I should just burn the CD myself and sell it to customers who is requesting for ZIP Download so I can make more money??  ;D

I believe that mod can be set for individual albums, but depending on how many people download at once, even a small album can create bottlenecking and substantial bandwidth increase. As a test, try running an offline browser that downloads your site and watch the load and bandwidth activity.  And while it is running, try accessing your site. You may find yourself facing msql/database timeout issues.   

Making more money is always a nice mod. ;)

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

Bill Latham

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 09:33:00 pm »

I have enabled Zip downloads, yet have no button showing in which to do so. Please advise.

Bill Latham

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2005, 09:44:00 pm »

Update:

I have no "Zip Download" link in my "default" theme, but do have it as part of the rest of the themes. How do I include that portion of code within my default theme, which has been modified by me?

Thanks,
Bill

Bill Latham

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2005, 09:55:50 pm »

Final update:

I realized that when I updated from 1.2.1 to 1.3.5, the default theme was not overwritten, hence I was using an outdated theme :-)

I simply overwrote the classic theme.php file (after first making a backup of the original) into my default theme directory and all is well with thw world.

:-[

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2005, 11:28:52 am »

if you added that zip download thingie then you probably have read how tro use it and that it's a 'basic attempt'.. a basic howto and not a ready to rock solution. I hope you have read the entire thread cause just enabling php zip support is not enough. You should know about the downsides too.

Again, with just having this code no 'click here to download this album as a zipfile' will appeare anywhere on your site. You'll have to take care of this yourself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.