Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "thumb" column in the categories table ?  (Read 6635 times)

flux

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • CPG Remote Hack Demo
"thumb" column in the categories table ?
« on: October 12, 2005, 12:32:53 pm »

I was looking the addons/hacks forum for a way to improve my category page display, i especially wanted to assign thumbnails to categories and display the categories in an "album display" kind of way, then i noticed there was already a thumb column (integer) available in the categories table of the db..

So i guess its purpose is to set a thumbnail to the category right ? is it something for a future version of the categories editor / display or did i miss something somewhere..

I'm using cpg 1.4.1 beta

if a hack already exists to set thumbnails to categories thru the admin page, and more important a category display with thumbnails, please let me know about it.
thx

.flux
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 02:04:25 pm by Nibbler »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: "thumb" column in the categories table ?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 12:52:11 pm »

you're asking for support and not reporting a bug... if you want me to move your thread to the supports board just tell me

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 02:04:03 pm »

Category thumbnails is a fully implemented feature in 1.4. Marking this thread as invalid.

flux

• Contributor
    • CPG Remote Hack Demo
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 03:23:52 pm »

humm well maybe just point me to the support forum for 1.4 coz i can't see any..

nevertheless when i edit the category using the admin button "categories" and the the "E" icon on a category, i can edit the category parent, title, and desciption but there's nothing concerning its associated thumbnail.. maybe i'm being a bit supid but i was expecting an editor like the album editor.
thx.

.flux

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 03:29:57 pm »

There's no support for 1.4
however you can have a look into the manual.. online is the one for 1.3, however it might help you
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg13x/docs/index.htm#cat_cp

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 03:54:05 pm »

the manual for 1.4 is available as well as the demo:

flux

• Contributor
    • CPG Remote Hack Demo
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 08:15:39 pm »

okay well i thought i missed something but it's more liked i bumped into a some kind of limitation..

Indeed thumbnail support for the categories works fine and is "supported" by cpg 1.4 but i wouldn't say "fully supported" for only categories having albums directly benief them have access to thumbnails..

so for example with a category "path" like the following :

rootcat > subcat > album (with pictures)

you can only set a thumb to the category "subcat", not to the category "rootcat", which in my case is not really appropriate..
does this need to be reported somewhere or placed as feature request or something ?

Besides that, i'd like to know if there's an alternate category display avaiblable for cpg 1.4, and if i have to make it my self what form should it take?
a hack into the main code or a skin or something else ?

My concern is the display of the list which i don't want to be a line based list but more a table list with 2 or 4 root categories on each line, each illustrated with a thumbnail of course, and the sub categories / albums only shown as text stats.
But more important i would definitely need some pagination for that categories page..

Let me know if you already saw that somewhere.
thx

.flux

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2005, 08:57:36 pm »

so for example with a category "path" like the following :

rootcat > subcat > album (with pictures)

you can only set a thumb to the category "subcat", not to the category "rootcat", which in my case is not really appropriate..
does this need to be reported somewhere or placed as feature request or something ?
yes, this is a known issue, we currently have no fix. However, it's not a bug, but a missing feature imo.

Besides that, i'd like to know if there's an alternate category display avaiblable for cpg 1.4, and if i have to make it my self what form should it take?
a hack into the main code or a skin or something else ?

My concern is the display of the list which i don't want to be a line based list but more a table list with 2 or 4 root categories on each line, each illustrated with a thumbnail of course, and the sub categories / albums only shown as text stats.
But more important i would definitely need some pagination for that categories page..

Let me know if you already saw that somewhere.
No support for cpg1.4.x, and only one issue per thread!

This thread was labelled as invalid, which means "case closed". Locking this thread now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 18 queries.