Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I make an invisible theme?  (Read 3875 times)

Amnarii

• Coppermine newbie
How do I make an invisible theme?
« on: October 11, 2005, 10:43:55 pm »

I want to have a gallery which is basically a guest-only gallery, which to all unregistered users has nothing but a few pages of a single album visible. I don't mind the powered by coppermine logo, but other than that, all I want is pictures and their titles on the page. I do need to have a way to log in as admin, probably another page, and once I am on as admin, I don't care much what it looks like, I'll use the default theme probably, but in general, I just want the guests to see nothing but thumbnails (and the images once they click a thumb).

A slideshow button would be the only possible thing I would want on it, if there were any controls at all.

Thanks!

edit: corrected 'skin' to 'theme'...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How do I make an invisible theme?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 08:16:59 am »

what is your actual question? You don't render albums invisible to non-registered users by creating a custom theme, but by setting access rights using the coppermine controls. You might want to take a look at the FAQ as well, there are to entries that explain how to only show thumbnails to non-registered users and how to disable them from viewing any pic at all and send them to the login screen instead.

Amnarii

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 12:55:43 am »

Maybe I phrased it improperly...I don't want to hide albums necessarily. What I want to do is have a 'theme' with no controls, just to go straight to a single album, no menus, no option to log in, no choice of album lists, no latest uploads or random images... nothing but a single album which can be browsed or viewed as a slide show. So I don't want to send them to a log in screen, I don't want anyone to be able to log into this gallery (except me, as an admin).

I do use other galleries on the same site, but this could be separate from those (though I would then have to duplicate the album in another gallery).

The problem I forsee, if there are no menus or no options to log in, I could never administrate the album - change pictures and such, which is why I mentioned a second theme for admin.

Does that make sense?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 07:15:18 am »

admin controls don't show for non-admins

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 12:34:59 pm »

How to remove any menu links from the theme is shown in the docs here.

You don't need a custom theme just for admin.  Remove the links from your theme, but to log in yourself just use the url http://yoursite.com/your-coppermine-directory/login.php.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.