Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I make an invisible theme?  (Read 3876 times)

Amnarii

• Coppermine newbie
How do I make an invisible theme?
« on: October 11, 2005, 10:43:55 pm »

I want to have a gallery which is basically a guest-only gallery, which to all unregistered users has nothing but a few pages of a single album visible. I don't mind the powered by coppermine logo, but other than that, all I want is pictures and their titles on the page. I do need to have a way to log in as admin, probably another page, and once I am on as admin, I don't care much what it looks like, I'll use the default theme probably, but in general, I just want the guests to see nothing but thumbnails (and the images once they click a thumb).

A slideshow button would be the only possible thing I would want on it, if there were any controls at all.

Thanks!

edit: corrected 'skin' to 'theme'...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: How do I make an invisible theme?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 08:16:59 am »

what is your actual question? You don't render albums invisible to non-registered users by creating a custom theme, but by setting access rights using the coppermine controls. You might want to take a look at the FAQ as well, there are to entries that explain how to only show thumbnails to non-registered users and how to disable them from viewing any pic at all and send them to the login screen instead.

Amnarii

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 12:55:43 am »

Maybe I phrased it improperly...I don't want to hide albums necessarily. What I want to do is have a 'theme' with no controls, just to go straight to a single album, no menus, no option to log in, no choice of album lists, no latest uploads or random images... nothing but a single album which can be browsed or viewed as a slide show. So I don't want to send them to a log in screen, I don't want anyone to be able to log into this gallery (except me, as an admin).

I do use other galleries on the same site, but this could be separate from those (though I would then have to duplicate the album in another gallery).

The problem I forsee, if there are no menus or no options to log in, I could never administrate the album - change pictures and such, which is why I mentioned a second theme for admin.

Does that make sense?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 07:15:18 am »

admin controls don't show for non-admins

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 12:34:59 pm »

How to remove any menu links from the theme is shown in the docs here.

You don't need a custom theme just for admin.  Remove the links from your theme, but to log in yourself just use the url http://yoursite.com/your-coppermine-directory/login.php.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.