Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cat problem  (Read 3979 times)

Material Boy

• Coppermine newbie
Cat problem
« on: October 07, 2005, 08:27:36 pm »

??? I has too many problems editing, creating and deleting categories. Why? I take too many time opening the page of categories. The coppermine team have a crack/modification just to edit more simple categories? I'm creating this topic but if I don't get info to this, I'll change my gallery script.... I hope that I get the mod and info :D

Material Boy

• Coppermine newbie
Cat problem
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 10:40:05 pm »

I has too many problems editing, creating and deleting categories. Why? I take too many time opening the page of categories. The coppermine team have a crack/modification just to edit more simple categories? I'm creating this topic but if I don't get info to this, I'll change my gallery script.... I hope that I get the mod and info
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 07:16:40 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: Cat problem
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 10:43:03 pm »

I heard you the first time.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Problems in admin categories
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 07:00:54 am »

We realize that for extremely large galleries the current category manager is not optimal, it needs to be rebuilt from scratch for future versions. However, this hasn't been done yet, so there's no mod/hack we could refer to.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 07:19:20 am »

merged double-posting. Don't try to get extra attention by posting various threads. You're wasting supporter's time.

Material Boy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 12:08:32 am »

OK.. I take too many "years" (lol) editing categories... when I can put more pictures... someone help me converting the gallery?

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 12:28:21 am »

I suppose you could export your categories table from your database as an excel file and use excel to edit and create as many categories that you want.  Then convert the excel file back to a mysql format and import it to your database.  Same with albums.

here's a tutorial on converting excel formats to mysql. http://www.webthang.co.uk/tuts/tuts_dbase/convert/convert.asp

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 08:42:31 am »

Make a backup of your database before attempting such a stunt. If you know your way around you will find it easier to use a tool like phpMyAdmin that directly works on the database itself, as there lies a danger in converting stuff into excel and back into mySQL queries.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.