Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Client-side Paypal Mod, your input requested.  (Read 3823 times)

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Client-side Paypal Mod, your input requested.
« on: October 08, 2005, 10:28:41 pm »

I'm currently working on a soon to be released, client-side, paypal mod and would like to get some input as to what other features I should/might add.  (I have left local area taxes out as paypal does a good job at this.)

Currently I have it set up to:

- opens as a new page with image on the top with description from a link in a custom field or a
          button on the nav bar.

- add up to 15 orders before being submitted to paypal for final checkout.

- an option for multiple single-item discounts or cart-wide volume discounts
             (ie buy any three items for a 5% discount, 5 of any for a 20% discount, etc.)

- display a thumbnail in the cart of each item purchased

- gift-wrapping option at additional charge

-shipping charges by % based on dollar volume or flat-rate shipping charges by piece.
            (% shipping charges can be adjusted by dollar volume)
            (flat-rate shipping charges can have a maximum cap... over 5 pieces, no additional
             shipping, etc)

What other features, needs, would be nice to incorporate?  Please let me know. 

If you are wondering what is the difference between a client-side paypal mod and the other paypal mods here on Coppermine, let me explain.  A client-side paypal mod stores all the information of what the consumer wants in a cookie on his/her machine.  The consumer never leaves your site while selecting things to buy. (Up to 15 different items, any quantity per item.  These items are listed on the cart and ONLY when the consumer has completed his/her purchases from your site does the consumer leave your site to finalize his/her purchase at paypal.  This is a faster, more secure, and much more convenient form of shopping for the consumer.   The cookie is automatically  deleted from the user's machine once the user leaves your site completely.

Images of sample Purchase forms and cart attached:

Dennis
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 10:40:15 pm by madeinhawaii »
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Client-side Paypal Mod, your input requested.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 12:16:51 am »

As no replies have been posted here, I am finalizing the development of this client-side mod with just the features stated earlier.

You can see this mod in use on my website at http://www.artistsinhawaii.com/evj/ .  I will upload the mod once the instructions are completed. 

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 01:04:23 am »

sorry, I'm a tad bit late: I guess there will be peope who will request different currencies.

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 08:15:20 am »

sorry, I'm a tad bit late: I guess there will be peope who will request different currencies.

Thanks Gaugau, the mod will be able to handle all paypal supported currencies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.