Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pics dont delete  (Read 5754 times)

Rasp

• Coppermine newbie
Pics dont delete
« on: December 06, 2003, 05:49:26 am »

Hi! Im wondering why  pics, that were uploaded by users, dont delete from ftp, if i, as admin, delet them in the admin panel!  :o
So all this *%^$ users upload - stays on my ftp! futhermore - i cant delete it manualy, using the ftp client!

using nuke 6.0.

gtroll

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • CPG-Nuke
Pics dont delete
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2003, 06:01:07 am »

delete pictures by going to edit pic part of album properties...please try to stay calmmer during your posts I almost deleted yours

It may also be a problem with ownership. With the way apache is configured sometime the UID of a file is the person who made the file and only that owner can access. so you would have that problem with any script that allow other users to uploads pics if this is the case you will need command line access to chown the pics. You can change the default setting for files created by cpg from 644 but be sure you know what you're doing

Rasp

• Coppermine newbie
Pics dont delete
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2003, 06:16:27 am »

Quote from: "gtroll"
delete pictures by going to edit pic part of album properties...please try to stay calmmer during your posts I almost deleted yours

It may also be a problem with ownership. With the way apache is configured sometime the UID of a file is the person who made the file and only that owner can access. so you would have that problem with any script that allow other users to uploads pics if this is the case you will need command line access to chown the pics. You can change the default setting for files created by cpg from 644 but be sure you know what you're doing

k sorry...
but i still dont understand - a user creates his gallery - uploads some pics that I as admin delete, it says everything is deleted fine, green light , bla bla bla... but when i go to ftp it's still there modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10343/ !
and I even cant delete or change CHMOD of the users (10343) folder!

gtroll

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • CPG-Nuke
Pics dont delete
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2003, 06:20:45 am »

I can only guess too...how about a little more info
What version of php? suexec(cgi) or as module? safemode? basemodedir?
Apache/Windows, Shared Hosting(ISP) or

Rasp

• Coppermine newbie
Pics dont delete
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2003, 06:26:26 am »

I can only guess too...how about a little more info
What version of php? suexec(cgi) or as module? safemode? basemodedir?
Apache/Windows, Shared Hosting(ISP) or

php 4.3.4  safemode on, SUN cobalt shared hosting.

its ridicules i even cant delete a folder on my own FTP! :x

gtroll

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • CPG-Nuke
Pics dont delete
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2003, 06:34:32 am »

I believe with safe mode on, you need root access to chown another users files.

Rasp

• Coppermine newbie
Pics dont delete
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2003, 06:41:46 am »

I believe with safe mode on, you need root access to chown another users files.

how i can get it? its not my server.... :?
but why i was able to delete the pics inside of this folder but not the folder itself?!

and as i understand there is an option to prevent users from uploading ANYTHING, right?
or to make them upload only to the folders and albums that already exist, and after my aproval they will be adding to the gallery? (or if i dont like the pic i delete it via the admin panel and it deletes at ftp as well).

gtroll

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • CPG-Nuke
Pics dont delete
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2003, 06:53:48 am »

uploads by user no matter the album always go to their user directory (10001-?) even if allow user galleries are turned off and you allow uploads to public albums
http://www.php.net/manual/en/features.safe-mode.php
may shed some light on your problems

gtroll

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • CPG-Nuke
Pics dont delete
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2003, 06:58:04 am »

Were the pictures deleted but not the folder? A folder is only a byte or two leave the folders....

Rasp

• Coppermine newbie
Pics dont delete
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2003, 07:02:04 am »

uploads by user no matter the album always go to their user directory (10001-?) even if allow user galleries are turned off and you allow uploads to public albums
http://www.php.net/manual/en/features.safe-mode.php
may shed some light on your problems

oh man.... im not a pro in php anyway, and i cant change anything in the server's php configuration  :?

I just want somehow to delete this empty folder, and never let users to upload ANYTHING! :o

Rasp

• Coppermine newbie
Pics dont delete
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2003, 07:05:36 am »

Were the pictures deleted but not the folder? A folder is only a byte or two leave the folders....

actually that user was me, i was just testing the gallery (installed it a few hours ago).
I have uploaded 2 pics as a user to "my gallery"  then aproved it in the admin panel, then deleted the pics and the gallery for the user.
After that i deleted this 2 pics at ftp, but the folder is still there...

Its very strange that i cant delete the folder... i :shock:

and what if i want  to delete the whole thing, it will not delete the module because of this folder  :arrow:

muziqneeds

• Coppermine newbie
Pics dont delete
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2003, 08:25:26 pm »

i have same problem

there is some image files on my server and i want to delete them all but when i delete file from ftp it show a error " Error 550 cant delete jeep.jpg PERMISSION DENIED.

Tell Me what i do now

Rasp

• Coppermine newbie
Pics dont delete
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2003, 03:12:42 am »

Quote from: "muziqneeds"
i have same problem

there is some image files on my server and i want to delete them all but when i delete file from ftp it show a error " Error 550 cant delete jeep.jpg PERMISSION DENIED.

Tell Me what i do now

holy! i cant ask support each time i want to delete a folder!  :x  :evil:
some help from the dev. team?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.