Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: batch upload vs. album ownership  (Read 3982 times)

adameros

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/adameros/
batch upload vs. album ownership
« on: October 11, 2005, 06:00:24 pm »

Batch upload was broken, so Saturday Oct. 1st I upgraded to the latest CVS version which does allow me to do batch uploads (as long the directory of images is not too large).

It used to be in 1.3.X that the owner of an album could perform operations (like rotate) on any image in that album. This does not seem to be the case with 1.4.X. I did a batch upload of image to my Father's album, but he could not rotate any of his images, with Coppermine complainning that he does not own the images in his album.

It would be nice if both the album owner and the image owner could have rights to edit images.

Thanks!  :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 07:32:57 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: batch upload vs. album ownership
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 07:32:47 am »

ownership is determined by who uploaded the files, not by "who owns the album". The user galleries are suppossed to be updated by the user. The admin is not suppossed to be uploading to them. Crop & rotate should be done on the client anyway before uploading. In fact, you're not reporting a bug imo, but request an additional feature. This is hardly possible, as there has been a feature freeze for cpg1.4.x.
Marking this thread as "invalid".
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.