Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sending Unwatermarked Picture After Purchase...?  (Read 4283 times)

joker

• Coppermine newbie
Sending Unwatermarked Picture After Purchase...?
« on: October 05, 2005, 06:17:26 am »

Is there a way to get the gallery to automatically send the picture someone has purchased after they pay for it?

Maybe when you upload the photo it goes to 2 seperate folders (i.e. userpics/<userid> and retailpics/<userid>).  The userpics folder will be the watermarked photos and the retail will be the full versions. When the confirmation of payment is made it will automatically email the paypal email of the purchaser with the unwatermarked photo.

V/R,
joker

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Sending Unwatermarked Picture After Purchase...?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 06:30:58 am »

there are paypal mods in the mods/hacks board.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 12:20:42 pm »

my watermark mod backups the orig file. Just search for it on the mods board... you'll just have to modify your paypal script to not send the fullsized but the orig pic. Should only be a adding CONFIG['orig_pfx'] before the image name then

When you email the images... then you can throw up a htaccess blocks users from calling it within the browser. Would make it more secure

joker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 12:00:02 pm »

May I ask which paypal mod does send the file?  I am currently using the ecart.php mod from madeinhawaii.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 01:25:25 pm »

none of them do send files out of the box, but they could be modified to accomplish this. Sending files is not a good option though imo.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 01:06:05 am by GauGau »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 01:29:42 pm »

My favourite solution is a htpasswd protected folder that gets created when a user's doing a purchease. Images get copied there and will be available for download for let's say a week. Then the folder gets deleted. Little bit more complex to do. Therefore I suggested sending it. As GauGau mentioned this may be problematic when users limit their inbox etc..

However nothing like this is available so far. You'll have to ask on the freelancers board

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 01:33:15 pm »

However nothing like this is available so far. You'll have to ask on the freelancers board
@joker: do you want this thread moved to the "paid support" section? If yes, post your budget.

joker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 05:22:43 pm »

No thank you, was just asking if there was a script because a previous answer seemed to imply to me that there was a script that did this, so I was just checking.

Thanks to all who have helped.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.