Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Private albums for membergroup  (Read 5425 times)

Sx

• Coppermine newbie
Private albums for membergroup
« on: October 05, 2005, 04:58:40 pm »

Hi all,

I installed CG a few weeks ago, with success and I'm happy I found the script as it suits all my needs for our small online community.

I've been reading the docs, been searching the forum, and found some partical answers, but it kept me puzzled, therefore I dare to ask the question anyway.  Don't shoot me if I have overlooked the answer, but please point me into the right direction.

Our site (http://www.sektor21.be) is a small community with several members.  I want to grant them more possibilties than the usual "registered" (I want to grant the possibility to make albums in the main category called "S21 member galleries" with no quotum-restrictions, ability to make their own albums, make private albums, hidden albums, ...)

For this purpose I made a new "group" called "S21 members", so everytime someone from our forum registers in CG and becomes a "registered" by default, I change his user-settings and make him part of the "S21 members" group instead of "registered".

So in brief the ideal situation would be:

- registered members may become "S21 members" after I assign them to this group manualy.
- S21 members have the possibility to make their own albums (public, private) inside the main "S21 member galleries"
- they can visit other albums from other members in the "S21 member galleries", but can only upload in their own albums.

Can this be done ?
Can anyone help me with this ?

Thanks,

Sx
http://www.sektor21.be

« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 08:45:50 am by GauGau »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Private albums for membergroup
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 05:18:10 pm »

- A new 'User galleries' category for a certain group isn't supported
- If you set the 'Disk quota' of your new group to 0 then it's unlimited
- Your S21 users of course can create private or public albums in the standard 'User galleries' category they even can set the rights to only allow S21 users to view the albums. But this has to decide each user (just click on properties next to an album and here you can set the permissions eg. only members of the s21 group can view this album). Normal users wouldn't see this S21 albums

Sx

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 07:17:47 pm »

Ok, in that case I just let them make the albums in the usual "User galleries" but with unlimited upload.

One more question and that will set everything clear to me :
The normal "registered" group can't make hidden albums, right ?

I made a test-useraccount and tested it all out, and indeed ... everything seems to work as I want in the User Galleries.  So I'll drop the "S21 member galleries".

Thanks for your clear answer and kind help Stramm,

Sx

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 09:59:03 pm »

the 'normal registered' group can create private albums too. You control that in config... but in the group manager you could set it that registered can't have a personal album but s21 can have one. If you let them both have personal albums and you enable 'private albums' in config then both grouls can have private albums

just play a lil bit with it. Then it isn't that confusing

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 08:45:41 am »

we have a "One question per thread" policy you agreed to respect when you signed up. Your initial set of questions has been asnwered. Marking this thread as "solved" and locking it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.