Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replace User Galleries with a Search fo that User's Pictures?  (Read 5895 times)

TrademasterAdam

• Coppermine newbie
Replace User Galleries with a Search fo that User's Pictures?
« on: October 04, 2005, 05:01:22 am »

I don't like that users have to post both in the main sections and their own sections so I'd like to remove the user galleries and replace them with a search for that user's pictures in the main gallery.  Their pictures and comments will be in the main gallery, you click on their user gallery and all it does is a search on the main gallery for their pictures.

Does that exist?  If not, would it be hard?

Thanks,

TrademasterAdam

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Re: Replace User Galleries with a Search fo that User's Pictures?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 05:43:30 am »

In the Edit Properties panel for each Album, I believe you can set it so that visitors can upload into the album.  You could set all albums that way.

Dennis.
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 07:10:21 am »

in the groups panel, disable personal galleries and you're done. However, this is not a valid feature request, as the feature already exists in coppermine. Actually, you're looking for support, that's why posting on the feature requests board was wrong. Moving this thread accordingly.

onat

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 11:32:29 pm »

Yes i want to be able to do the same thing. How can i move the user albums into the main catergory or "no caterogry" section.?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 09:13:43 am »

don't cross-post.

TrademasterAdam

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 02:22:00 pm »

in the groups panel, disable personal galleries and you're done. However, this is not a valid feature request, as the feature already exists in coppermine. Actually, you're looking for support, that's why posting on the feature requests board was wrong. Moving this thread accordingly.

I tried that and it didn't work, am I doing something wrong?  I disabled the personal galleries, but that made no difference.  The user galleries still show the files that were uploaded to them.  What I want it to do in the personal galleries is to do a search through the other galleries and display all of the pictures that they have uploaded across the whole board.

Sorry about the double-post.

Thanks,

TrademasterAdam

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 01:13:43 am »

I tried that and it didn't work, am I doing something wrong?  I disabled the personal galleries, but that made no difference.  The user galleries still show the files that were uploaded to them.
They have to be empty. As long as there are files and albums in the user galleries section, they will show up.

What I want it to do in the personal galleries is to do a search through the other galleries and display all of the pictures that they have uploaded across the whole board.
Not possible. Make your users search.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.