Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some text boxes ...  (Read 4659 times)

v8central

• Coppermine novice
Some text boxes ...
« on: October 03, 2005, 11:29:00 pm »

Some text boxes seem to have a mind of their own in relation to the background color they use.  When I'm changing my profile on this site "some" of the boxes have a yellowih background.  I'm customising the CSS on my new site and I have the same problem but because I am using a black page and white text the values are impossible to read on yellow.

Why do these textboxes defy the CSS rules ?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 05:42:12 am by TranzNDance »

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Re: Some text boxes ...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 11:33:44 pm »

If you can post a link to your site with specifics on which "text boxes" you are refering to, it would help a lot.

It could be that no class has been defined for the "box" in question, or that it has been overwritten with a style= parameter in the php file itself.  Hard to say.

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

v8central

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 11:47:05 pm »

It's the new gallery at www.laurengray.com

My testing page is : http://www.laurengray.com/gallery/tester.php (I moved the name after the comments)
Same problem here : http://www.laurengray.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=8&pos=8

and the same problem on this site here : http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?action=profile;u=17848;sa=forumProfile - ICQ is fine, but AIM, MSN, YIM are yellow backgrounds.

I just can't see how it works like this.

steverobbins

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
  • photographer
    • Steve Robbins' Personal Website
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 11:54:17 pm »

Hi there,

I noticed this problem when showing a friend my own website on their home computer.  It must be something like a rendering error on certain setups.  I noticed it on IE6 but not with Firefox.  I don't get the problem and your site looks fine on my own computer.  Can you try another computer to be sure?  Can you try Firefox or Opera?

Regards
Steve.

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 12:02:18 am »

looks fine on mine as well,

try clearing your cache.. or Ctrl +F5 to force a refresh if on IE.

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

v8central

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 12:07:21 am »

AH!!!! .... Firefox on this computer works fine, IE6 on another computer works fine. IE6 on this computer is stuffed ... but only on certain textboxes.  I still don't know the answer, but at least I can ignore it and move on now :)

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 12:19:41 am »

AH!!!! .... Firefox on this computer works fine, IE6 on another computer works fine. IE6 on this computer is stuffed ... but only on certain textboxes.  I still don't know the answer, but at least I can ignore it and move on now :)

Probably old cookies and cached files. 

Dennis

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 12:54:00 am »

It might be the Google Toolbar highlighting the text fields that could be autofilled or something. If you have it, you should be able to change the setting for it.

v8central

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 04:53:12 am »

It might be the Google Toolbar highlighting the text fields that could be autofilled or something. If you have it, you should be able to change the setting for it.
BINGO !!!! ... I would NEVER have thought of that, but that was the answer  :) :)

I don't think I'll forget that one in a hurry, and it explains why the yellow textboxes were in weird places on different forms.

Problem solved, and thanks again :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.