Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: New Paypal Mod on a customizable page. For: cpg1 .3x and 1.4x - updated 11-12-05  (Read 164447 times)

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Re: New Paypal Mod using a customizable page. Versions for: cpg1 .3x and 1.4x
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2005, 08:58:58 am »

NEW! EXTREMELY SIMPLE TO INSTALL PAYPAL MOD
2-of-3 Mods
[/size][/color][/b]

-This mod is different from the previous post and is ideal for those who have very, very simple paypal needs and do not mind turning off the display of the picture information block below the intermediate picture by default. Users will still be able to view the information by clicking on the INFO button in the navbar. It just won't display by default so that your users can see your purchase options readily.

Installation requires that you replace your displayimage.php with the one attached. That's it!

Modifying and changing values has been simplified. Full instructions are also attached.

This Mod features:

- a simpler if..else routine to handle different pricing structures for different items in your gallery. 
- javascript now supports the use of Radio buttons and checked boxes for added services.
- A 2nd dropdown list has been included in the form for additional options.
- Additional dropdown lists can be added and a set of checked boxes, as well.
- New mod replaces displayimage.php and therefore provides a a theme consistent paypal mod. (Be sure to backup your existing displayimage.php before replacing it with this mod.)

Please be sure to download the version that is appropriate to your cpg version.. 

Without a doubt, this is the easiest to install paypal mod for coppermine, ever.

Dennis

ADDENDUM:  IF you wish to send the purchase to a paypal page in a language OTHER than ENGLISH you must add the following:

Search for:    <!--//Start <Form> Block for purchase options -->   
Scroll to:       <input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="$currency_code" />   
Add below:   <input type="hidden" name="lc" value="US">

Where "US" should be replaced with your country's ID.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 09:34:26 am by madeinhawaii »
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

Very Simple Paypal Mod for sellers of posters, pictures, or other items where each item has only ONE (1) price. Each item, however, can be a different price.
3-of-3 mods

This is for the marketing of  individual items where each item displayed has a single, unique price. (i.e. posters, cd's, lps, collectible prints, auto parts, etc.) This mod will read the item's title, file name and custom image description fields to set product description, price, etc. Price will need to be put into one of the description fields for this mod to work.  There are  no drop-down lists, just a  "place order" and a view cart buttons.  (Dropdown lists, radio buttons, and checkboxes are supported, however.  You will have to add these yourself, if you need them.  See the two previous post's mods to learn how, if necessary.)

By default, and you should set it up this way to start. You can always modify it later.

For your Custom Image Description fields:
Set these in CONFIG to:

• 1) Type of Print
    2) Artists   
    3) Size     
    4) Price ($USD)

Next select a picture and edit the file information as follows:

• 1) Art Print
    2) Chagall   
    3) 18 x 24 
    4) 30.00   
Also add a title and caption to the picture.

Download the appropriate zip file for your CPG version. Backup your displayimage.php file.
Unzip, and copy the displayimage.php file into your Coppermine root directory.

That's it.  (Detailed instructions on making changes are included in the zip file)

Dennis

ADDENDUM:  IF you wish to send the purchase to a paypal page in a language OTHER than ENGLISH you must add the following:

Search for:    <!--//Start <Form> Block for purchase options -->   
Scroll to:       <input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="$currency_code" />   
Add below:   <input type="hidden" name="lc" value="US">

Where "US" should be replaced with your country's ID.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 09:35:16 am by madeinhawaii »
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

netfalls

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Netfalls

Thanx for that mod it's just Great!

Just a small question, would it be possible to add a Radio button I accept the terms and condition before "place the order?

Thanx
Philip
In my view you cannot claim to have seen something until you have photographed it

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

Just a small question, would it be possible to add a Radio button I accept the terms and condition before "place the order?

What you probably want is a checkbox.  You should be able to simply add one in. Copy the following block just below the end of the last dropdown list.

<!--//START Agree to terms-->
           <FONT size="2"><b>4. Terms and Conditions</b></font>
            <blockquote>                                                          <!--//paypal values        //what user sees -->
             <INPUT onclick="ReadForm (this.form, false);" type=CHECKBOX Checked  value=   "I agree to all terms and conditions"   name=r1> I agree to all terms and conditions
              </blockquote>
<!--//END Agree to terms-->

Dennis
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 09:26:55 pm by madeinhawaii »

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

Added security feature for the paypal mods on this thread.

Search for:
// Set paypal ID and currency type

Replace the  $paypal_ID = youremail@whatever.com line with the following code.
    if ($paypal_id  == "") {
        $at1 = "@";    // the sum of these parts make up your paypal email address
        $dot = ".";
        $typ = "com";
        $id1 = "made";    // real id1  (change here)
        $id2 = "inhawaii";    // real id2  (change here)
        $url = "compuserve";       // real URL (change here)
        $paypal_id = $id1 + $id2 + $at1 + $url + $dot + $typ; //<-formula to put it together
    }

The above gets concatenated to made+inhawaii+@+compuserve+.+com or madeinhawaii@compuserve.com .   

Replace the "made", "inhawaii", and "compuserve" with bits from your own email address.

What this does:   It prevents those nasty spambots, email gathering robots, from getting your paypal address. 

Also see my other post for a javascript that does the same for your "contact us" email addresses at:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=23766.msg109193#msg109193   

Dennis 

netfalls

• Netfalls

Is there a way to set different paypal accounts?
In my view you cannot claim to have seen something until you have photographed it

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

Is there a way to set different paypal accounts?

netfalls,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that.  Could you elaborate a bit?

Dennis

netfalls

• Netfalls

I'm working on a website with 6 other photographers. It would be usefull if each photographer could set he's own Paypal account.

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

I'm working on a website with 6 other photographers. It would be usefull if each photographer could set he's own Paypal account.

Hmmm...interesting.  I see no reason why it can't be done.

You would simply have to add $owner =  $row['owner_id'];   to the list of variables defined in the paypal mod section of your displayimage.php or orders.php file (depending one which version of the mod you are using).   

Then, in the // Set paypal ID and currency type section replace     $paypal_ID = "yourpaypalIDi@whatever.com"; with

if ($owner == uploader1)
{$paypal_ID = uploader1's_ID@whatever.com;}
else
if ($owner == uploader2)
{$paypal_ID = uploader2's_ID@whereeverelse.com;}
else
if ($owner == uploader3)
{$paypal_ID = uploader3's_ID@someotherjoint.com;}
etc...
else
{$paypal_ID = modcreator's_ID@my_email.com;}  //default ID use mine if you can't think of one

where uploader1,2,3  are the actual owner_id names in your database and uploader's1,2,3_ID are the actual paypal ID's of these owners.

OR do this in the else  {  } blocks to mask your paypal IDs from spambots.
{
        $at1 = "@";    // the sum of these parts make up your paypal email address
        $dot = ".";
        $typ = "com";
        $id1 = "made";    // real id1  (change here)
        $id2 = "inhawaii";    // real id2  (change here)
        $url = "compuserve";       // real URL (change here)
        $paypal_id = $id1 + $id2 + $at1 + $url + $dot + $typ; //<-formula to put it together
    }

If the user is one of those listed in the if/else routine, it would swap out the $paypal_ID.  You won't be able to mask these ID's with the security feature, however, unless you build your own routines for each instance as shown above.

Also note, these owners must never change their login name. Just their passwords.

Dennis
PS... when are you going to translate the mod into French and upload it in the French support forum? hmmm?  ;)

HMMM... as an afterthought, you could put my ID there in the default line. That way, if you make a boo-boo, I could reap the rewards. Fair enough punishment, huh?

Hmmm HMMM... as an after-afterthought.  You could apply the same routine to the dropdown list values section so that each user could have their own set of prices.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 11:24:40 am by madeinhawaii »

netfalls

• Netfalls

First thanx for the code I'll try it.

A French version..... That's not a bad idea, even if I have no use for it. I'll work on it next week.

For you email in the default... I'll think about it :-)

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

First thanx for the code I'll try it.

A French version..... That's not a bad idea, even if I have no use for it. I'll work on it next week.

For you email in the default... I'll think about it :-)

Think about it??  What's there to think about.  Just for that I won't point out the error I made in the code above.   ;D

Dennis
(Of course you could just scroll back up and see where I made changes.)
...boom boom boom boom.. ya gotta work for your money..  work for your money...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 09:22:11 pm by madeinhawaii »

wjsparky

• Coppermine newbie

Hi,

I've managed to download the 1.3x attachments for mods 2 and 3 however when I try to download mod 1 of 3, despite already being logged in it just refers me to a log in page.

Thanks

Axon

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

Hi,I've managed to download the 1.3x attachments for mods 2 and 3 however when I try to download mod 1 of 3, despite already being logged in it just refers me to a log in page.
Axon

Axon,

Try again.  The server here was having some difficulties earlier. It seems to be working now.  Hope your realize that all three are different renditions of the same mod?

Dennis

wjsparky

• Coppermine newbie

Hi Dennis,

Yeah I noticed the server difficulties but I don't think it is related to that as it is still giving the same problem. Basically despite being logged in when I click on that particular link (mod 1 of 3 - 1.3x) it keeps refering me to a login screen. All of the other attachement links work fine.

No problem though I will download one of the other ones and use that.

Cheers

Axon

strat76

• Coppermine newbie

Hi Dennis,

Yeah I noticed the server difficulties but I don't think it is related to that as it is still giving the same problem. Basically despite being logged in when I click on that particular link (mod 1 of 3 - 1.3x) it keeps refering me to a login screen. All of the other attachement links work fine.

No problem though I will download one of the other ones and use that.

Cheers

Axon

I too am having this problem .. i need mod one.. and keeps asking to login

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

use another browser

JudyW

• Coppermine newbie

I'm always logged in to the forums.  When I click the "Simple ecart for cpg 1.3x.zip" I get a new screen saying I'm not allowed to download, please login.  So I login, same thing.

How can I download the file?

JudyW
Judy Woodruff

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict

Try using another browser.

JudyW

• Coppermine newbie

Try using another browser.

I don't understand why that would make a difference.  I was able to download other files from the Coppermine forums with no problems.
Judy Woodruff

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict

That's been the advice given to people who can't download and it has appeared to work. If not, then let us know.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.