Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Paypal Mod on a customizable page. For: cpg1 .3x and 1.4x - updated 11-12-05  (Read 164217 times)

Aeronautic

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • Photographer / film maker turned webmeister...

ok i see but can anyone else answer my question, i want to replace the drop manu with a text area where customer can write information.

I don't believe PayPal's cart will allow a text field to pass a message. I ship via FedEx and I wanted to capture phone numbers (which FedEx requires for the airbill) but could not manage to get that to work. It appears that the cart variable which PayPal dictates does not allow it.

If someone else with more PayPal expertise can correct me or confirm this it would be great. In the meantime cprphotography I'm afraid you'll need to add text asking your customers to send you a note via e-mail after their order.

HTH

cprphotography

• Coppermine newbie

i think paypall allow it because you can go to their site and you can create a buy botton with text are, the thing is i dont know how to add it. I need to allow customer to send me additional information about their orders.

Aeronautic

• Photographer / film maker turned webmeister...
Re: New Paypal Mod on a customizable page. For: cpg1 .3x and 1.4x - updated 11-1
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2008, 12:37:03 am »

i think paypall allow it because you can go to their site and you can create a buy botton with text are, the thing is i dont know how to add it. I need to allow customer to send me additional information about their orders.

Well I do have this code in my cart form but to the best of my knowledge it has never been used nor does it appear to do what the PP docs say it should do.

If you figure it out please do share it here.

This is supposed to add a "customer note" field:

Code: [Select]
<input type="hidden" name="cn" value="Phone # (Required - FedEx) !!">

cprphotography

• Coppermine newbie

does not work

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

"does not work" doesn't qualify as a valid reply ::).

innstreet

• Coppermine newbie

I have searched the forum and have not found what I need.

I would like a shopping card that would allow the guest to buy the entire album. I realize that the guest can add individual photos to a CD. It appears, and I may be wrong that this Mod only shows product sell options once the guest clicks on the individual  photo. I  would like to have an 'add to cart' button appear next to the album.  The photos in the album displayed by Coppermine would only be for a lo-res preview of the contents of the album for sale.

Now for the really tricky part. The albums to be sold will be stored on my server in a single .rar file or .zip file for each album. After checkout with PayPal the user will be emailed a unique download links to the files purchased which helps prevent theft and abuse. There are a lot of scripts out there that  do this like www.DigitalProductManagement.com and will probably have to be incorporated  separately.

After reading though this forum this seems to be something many many people want and need.

Wylie

cprphotography

• Coppermine newbie

"does not work" doesn't qualify as a valid reply ::).
well i figure it out now is woking for me 100%.

Shonna

• Coppermine newbie

i installed this mod.. but the order button always goes to this...

http://picturesimagegallery.com/orders.php?album=&cat=&pos=0

which ofcourse says..

"The selected album/file does not exist !"

sharon1

• Coppermine novice

I have installed this mod in the most recent CPG located here - http://www.vanlieuphotography.com/store

I have the basic drop down menus the way I want but I would like to be able to offer different choices for different pictures. I read reply#8 in this thread where the custom image field is set up as available editions and I followed along until I got to this section.

NEXT,
find this line:   
<b>Your cost: $110.00</b></p>

change  to:
<b>Your cost: $bcharge </b></p>

I don't have this line anywhere in my orders.php page. What am I missing?

Thanks for your help,

Sharon 

sharon1

• Coppermine novice

I have figured out my error.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

You've been told in your other thread that you're suppossed to actually resolve your questions for the benefit of others.

sharon1

• Coppermine novice

Okay, I didn't understand the language of custom image description being described as user1, user2 etc. I could not figure out that these were fields. Also there were several errors in the fields that had to be corrected. I'm not sure how this helps anyone as it was merely confusion on my part. I will copy paste this answer to my other thread.

artefatta

• Coppermine newbie
    • .:ARTEFATTA:.
Re: New Paypal Mod on a customizable page. For: cpg1 .3x and 1.4x - updated 11-1
« Reply #152 on: February 27, 2009, 02:02:15 pm »

I used this mod before upgrade to 1.4, and it worked fine. It hadn't the drop down menu, and it was sweet for me as site is selling only original arts.
After upgrade all information and "buy" buttons have disappeared. But all desciptions that was used by this mod are still there in image description fields of every art.
How can I make it work now?
If I install a new mod it will be the drop menu that I do not need.
Any help?

JohannM

I need to put an exchange rate into the config of the shop, which I have done.

But now I am not sure how to code the exchange rate to be converted from ZAR to USD to work with paypal. Paypal does not support ZAR (South African Rand), so I need to change the "total price" of paypal checkout to be calculated by deviding it with e.g. 8.75 (exchange rate) ...

Any suggestions
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.