Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: New Paypal Mod on a customizable page. For: cpg1 .3x and 1.4x - updated 11-12-05  (Read 164621 times)

netfalls

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • Netfalls
Re: New Paypal Mod on a customizable page. For: cpg1 .3x and 1.4x - updated 11-1
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2005, 01:38:05 pm »

How can I change the "Purchase items from panwild.com" to  "Purchase items from Photographer's name" ?

Thanx
In my view you cannot claim to have seen something until you have photographed it

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Re: New Paypal Mod on a customizable page. For: cpg1 .3x and 1.4x - updated 11-1
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2005, 05:22:18 pm »

Netfalls,

What $user # is the 'copyright' in?  That's the defined variable you want to plug into that line.

available: 3072x2048 (large) - 1500x1000 (medium) - 640x426 (small)
Copyright: Philip Erche
File Size: 24 KB

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

netfalls

• Netfalls
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2005, 05:35:54 pm »

Just the picture's owner name (username)  not the copyright.

In my view you cannot claim to have seen something until you have photographed it

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2005, 05:49:49 pm »

whatever the field number or ( $user#  ) that the "copyright"  is is the field that you are using to show the owner'
s name.  The word "copyright" will not display, just the entry, which apparently is the owner's name.

Dennis 
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

netfalls

• Netfalls
« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2005, 05:54:22 pm »

I'm really stupid ..... It was so easy
Sorry

netfalls

• Netfalls
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2005, 06:06:34 pm »

Another question

I have about 10 photographers on the site would it be possible to set different conditions in the "About our prints" section

Thanx
Philip

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2005, 06:11:45 pm »

I'm really stupid ..... It was so easy
Sorry

Not stupid, just got too much on your mind.  Stupid will never be able to design a site like the one you are doing.

And to answer your subsequent question. "yes".

In that if/else block you created for different users, add $aboutprints = "yada yada yada this and yada yada yada that";   <- don't forget the semi-colon. Then plug in $aboutprints where you want the text to go.

Dennis 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 06:20:13 pm by madeinhawaii »

TheKog

• Coppermine novice

I love what you've done with this mod but have a couple questions I'd appreciate guidance on. I am trying to add a small store to a client's web site but the client has minimal programming skills although the site does have a CPG gallery. I was thinking perhaps we could have an Album of products with appropriate "Buy Now" Paypal buttons then I saw your mod.

Is there any handlong of sales tax and shipping? Is that picked up on the PayPal side somehow?

Since my customer has no programming skills I am thinking perhaps I need to give them a full local shopping cart so they will have an easy way to add inventory and manage it -- your solution looks easy for someone who is somewhat web savvy but I have doubts they can handle it -- your thoughts?

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

Is there any handlong of sales tax and shipping? Is that picked up on the PayPal side somehow?

Paypal does a great job in handling taxes and dealing with various shipping options.   That would be the first place I would look to setting up these charges.   

your solution looks easy for someone who is somewhat web savvy but I have doubts they can handle it -- your thoughts
Currently, the if/else routine is as simple as it gets for those who need one or several different "sets" of pricing.  Once established, your customer should not have to deal with any changes unless they start offering something completely new (i.e., they purchase a large format printer and can now offer oversized prints. And if they can afford a new oversized printer, they can afford to call you back to add the new options.). 

Many of the users of this mod are new to coppermine and web design as well. 

Another dev is working on making this mod into a true plug-in, which you should be able to upgrade to with ease and should make price changes even simpler.  I'm looking forward to it myself.

Dennis

TheKog

• Coppermine novice

Thanks Dennis -- we'll prototype it and see how it goes.

mrand

• Coppermine newbie

I'm really loving this mod and I was actually able to incorporate it into my site and it looks like it's working great. The only thing I cannot figure out is how to get the different pricing structures to show up.  I've entered all the different sizes and prices into the appropriate categoreis (squares, normal, panoramics), but I cannot see how the mod knows which ones to load for certain images. Obviousy I have a panoramic gallery and would like to have those prices show up. I'm sure this is very easy to do, I'm just overlooking something.

I appreciate any help. Thanks.

netfalls

• Netfalls

Hi mrand,

The prices setting depends on what's written in the custom field (you have to set it up in the admin part)

For exemple if the custom field contains "Panoramics" :
Code: [Select]
if ($pricing_setup=="Panoramics"||$pricing_setup=="panoramics")  //custom field entry is "Panoramics"
the script will get the Panoramics prices setting

For exemple if the custom field contains "Squares" :
Code: [Select]
if ($pricing_setup=="Squares"||$pricing_setup=="squares")    //custom field entry is "Squares"
the script will get the  prices setting

It seems to me that you custom field is actualy ":"  write  "Panoramics" or "Squares"  in that field in the picture description

Cheers

mrand

• Coppermine newbie

Ok, I still don't understand. Yup, I'm an idiot I guess. I lgged in and went to the admin page and scrolled down to custom fields for image descriptions. I saw that there was 4 empty places. I filled in Panoramics for each of them. Then I went to my gallery and when I clicked on order this print, I still got the default pricing. I assume I need to change something so that the pricing is applied to each image and not each gallery?

Still confused.

mrand

• Coppermine newbie

Alright, I got it  ;D

Now for another question. Can I list more than 10 item prices? I assume I can just make the list longer and change the numbers going from 10 to, say, 15 or 20?

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

mrand,

glad you worked out the previous issue you had.  My modem conked out on me so I wasn't able to respond immediately.  Insofar as adding more to the list, the answer is yes.  see this previous message in this same thread.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=22357.msg115282#msg115282

Dennis

sharpo

• Coppermine frequent poster

I had a couple of queries, but a modified version of this Mod has been posted by Casper, and for me it is much easier to use & modify:-

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=26454.0

(hope I have posted the above topic correctly)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 10:05:41 pm by sharpo »
Sharpo (not an expert, just a Coppermine user)
3 live galleries, first started in 2006.
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/BB3cpg/ with over 8,000 images.
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/cpg/ with over 25,000 images. 1.6.25
http://www.sharpos-world.co.uk/kc/ with over 300 images. 1.6.25

MikeNL

• Coppermine newbie

Dear madeinhawaii,

Thank you so much for your Mod! It is just what I was looking for. I had some trouble installing it, but that was my problem, cause I am not very familiar with php. But finally I succeeded. Im am very satisfied about the result!!
Maybe you are interested to take a look by yourself. The address is: http://www.leylant.com/cpg134/index.php

Thank you again for your efforts to make this possible!
Mike from Holland

felixf

• Coppermine newbie

Hi,

it's a nice and handy mod, I really appreciate it.
But I wonder if there is a possibility to include a button or textlink somewhere in the top menu that shows your current cart if the user ha closed the paypal window.
something like VIEW CART and then pops up again that paypal cart window ?

This would be really nice.

Felix

felixf

• Coppermine newbie

Well, I made it myself :)

But I got another question :

is it possible to setup default shipping fees? I mean is it possible that somebody adds the first item to the cart that an item called SHIPPING with a specifi amount is automatically added to the cart ? This should only happen when the first pic is added to the cart of course.

Regards,
Felix

Aeronautic

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • Photographer / film maker turned webmeister...

Added security feature for the paypal mods on this thread.

Search for:
Replace the  $paypal_ID = youremail@whatever.com line with the following code.
The above gets concatenated to made+inhawaii+@+compuserve+.+com or madeinhawaii@compuserve.com .   

Replace the "made", "inhawaii", and "compuserve" with bits from your own email address.

What this does:   It prevents those nasty spambots, email gathering robots, from getting your paypal address. 

Also see my other post for a javascript that does the same for your "contact us" email addresses at:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=23766.msg109193#msg109193   

Dennis 

Another option for this that works for me (without CPG to date - about to try it) is using your paypal referal code text - go to your paypal account and find the place where they give you a link code for refering business members - use that code instead of your e-mail address and you should be spambot free.

I use it on my static royalty free stock photography page and will try it as mentioned above with Dennis' very cool paypal mod in my new royalty free stock footage store.

And Dennis, THANKS for this mod!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.