Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a little style/theme help and some custom work for Adult gallery.  (Read 4739 times)

jeremed

• Coppermine novice

I have coppermine set up on my server and I have made a lot of little modifications to theme, lang etc files to get the gallery functioning the way I want. However, there are a few things that I can't pin down like the location of certain elements that make borders and colors for some objects. I need help locating these defining elements.

I also need some custom work. I would like to integrate multiple access levels into the gallery. I want to offer some features only to members of certain groups. The primary of these features being the ability to hotlink files from the gallery. To that end, I also need the ability to block links even to the image pages themselves from being linked on certain sites.

Lastly, I would like to have a blurb somewhere that gives a total number of files added for the past two weeks.

Something like:

144 files add this week
132 files added last week

I am not sure how much money to offer as I'm not sure how much work is involved. I would like to hear any offers.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 07:28:20 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Please note that I'm not taking the job - just some comments. I suggest accepting freelancers to do only part of the job, as some of your requests are very easy to accomplish, others are very hard.
However, there are a few things that I can't pin down like the location of certain elements that make borders and colors for some objects. I need help locating these defining elements.
Should be quite easy. Could possibly be done on the "regular" support board as well, provided you can post links publicly and supporters will be able to see the sections you're refering to.

I also need some custom work. I would like to integrate multiple access levels into the gallery.
Should not be too hard, using different groups and some if/then switches in the code

I want to offer some features only to members of certain groups. The primary of these features being the ability to hotlink files from the gallery. To that end, I also need the ability to block links even to the image pages themselves from being linked on certain sites.
Now this a very tricky task, as it's basically not related to coppermine, but advanced webserver setup. Image protection needs advanced filtering using mod_rewrite on apache level (the infamous .htaccess files). Needs an expert.

Lastly, I would like to have a blurb somewhere that gives a total number of files added for the past two weeks.

Something like:

144 files add this week
132 files added last week
This should be fairly easy to accomplish, you just run to extra queries and output them wherever you want.

As suggested above: most freelancers might fell they'd be able to fulfill most of your requests except the one with hotlink protection, as it's particularly tricky to accomplish a true hotlink protection for some. I suggest going for less in the first place.

Just my 2c

Joachim

jeremed

• Coppermine novice

That makes sense.

If anyone can perform any portion of these tasks, please make an offer.

I actually had a programmer do these mods and more on another coppermine installation. If anyone thinks they could find in the code where he made changes and port them over, I would be happy to allow access. I would get him to do the work again, but he's not responding at the contact I have for him. If it helps anyone with the hotlinking, he told me he was going to store the images in the MySQL database and that would make it impossible for anyone to hotlink. I don't know much about programming, but this just seems hazardous somehow. However, it has worked for over a year with no problems.

I have v1.3 by the way.

jeremed

• Coppermine novice

I got all my styling issues fixed. I had actually edited the correct styles, but I was still linking to the default stylesheet. :-/

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

storing the pics in the database is a huge resource eater, I wouldn't recommend that at all. There has been a discussion about this: Storing pictures directly in mysql database. I'd rather suggest storing the fullsize pics outside the webroot as discussed in Full Size Pics Outside web root and some other threads.

jeremed

• Coppermine novice

Thanks for the tip. I couldn't undo it now even if I wanted to. ;-) It definitely does the job though. My bandwidth usage went from 50 gigs/month down to 5 immediately.

I am still looking for these mods to be done. I have some other things I'm interested in too, but I don't want to overload the thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.