Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image Query  (Read 2634 times)

kali

• Coppermine newbie
Image Query
« on: September 30, 2005, 06:14:10 pm »

Currently my coppermine gallery is configured to have three types of each image on it:
the original pic
the thumbnail (with prefix thumb_)
and a resized pic (with prefix normal_)

To try and save some space I want to get rid of the resized images and have the thumbnail go to the actual sized image. Particularly as the original pic and the resized pic are almost the same size.

Is this possible? I'm using the default configuration when creating albums.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Image Query
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 06:35:14 pm »

from the docs:
Create intermediate pictures
By default, whenever you upload a file, the script creates a thumbnail of the file (file name with a thumb_ prefix) plus an intermediate version (file name with a normal_ prefix). If you set this option to NO, the intermediate file is not created.
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg13x/docs/index.htm#config_picture_thumbnail

Still I wouldn't recommend it cause fullsized pictures (if to big) may destroy the overall layout. However if you resize all images before you upload them.. no problem at all

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Image Query
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 07:44:21 pm »

Increase the width and height settings for creating intermediate images, then use the admin tools to rebuild the thumbs and intermediate images.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.