Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: looking for watermark tool to watermark  (Read 5434 times)

drgonzo120

• Coppermine novice
looking for watermark tool to watermark
« on: September 28, 2005, 05:57:04 pm »

hello,

i'm looking for a tool that watermarks all uploaded images (resized and normal size), i have seen quite some thread about watermarking, but i dont want to *beep* up the code of my existing coppermine thing, thanks to the makers for this wonderful piece of gallery , are there any good scripts around ???

i need to watermark about '9845 files in 226 albums and 10 categories with 0 comments viewed 1654090 times'

the server use is no problem, and i want the future uploads to be watermarked also (for this i am willing to apply a mod) but what mods are the best ??? sometimes the threads become very confusing ...

no where i can seem to find a mod that watermarks the already uploaded albums ???? (almost 10.000 picturs i don t want to reupload)

in my country we have a saying "not seeing the forest anymore because of the trees"

thanks
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 06:29:36 pm by GauGau »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: looking for watermark tool to watermark
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 07:39:57 pm »

you can try mine... if there are problems I'm here
and yes, it works together with the admin tools and batch add... and it has an additonal mod that makes it even easier to update already uploaded images (better admin tools). If you don't like the result it's possible to undo the changes and go back to original

watermark hack http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=16286.0
better admin tools http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=16286.msg92238#msg92238
alreday edited files http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=21469.0

I don't know the other mods so I can't help you much there. However I won't use an 'on the fly one' cause of performance reasons

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 08:26:05 am »

another option: watermarking on the client before upload. Drawback: the watermark itself gets resized for the thumbs and intermediate. However: watermarking existing pics in your gallery by downloading the whole albums folder, looping through all files and then re-uploading everything is less resources-intensive than applying the watermark on the server. Recommended software for watermarking on the client: Picture Shark

drgonzo120

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 04:40:31 pm »

another option: watermarking on the client before upload. Drawback: the watermark itself gets resized for the thumbs and intermediate. However: watermarking existing pics in your gallery by downloading the whole albums folder, looping through all files and then re-uploading everything is less resources-intensive than applying the watermark on the server. Recommended software for watermarking on the client: Picture Shark

resource is no problem i have a 2100mhz for me alone and it neever uses more than 5% cpu

thanks for the answers  i'll try it right away
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.