Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restricting access to albums based on user group.  (Read 3776 times)

jiffi

• Coppermine newbie
Restricting access to albums based on user group.
« on: September 28, 2005, 12:57:51 pm »

Hi,

in section 4.8, Album Properties, of the manual for version 1.3.5 it shows a field titled "Album can be viewed by" to restrict access to an album to specific groups of users only.  I had initially installed 1.3.4 and could not see this feature.  I took a guess that it was a new feature of 1.3.5, upgraded and could see the feature yesterday after my upgrade.

Problem is I'm not seeing the option today! Shocked  All I have are the options as listed below....

Permissions for this album
Visitors can upload files *    Yes    No
Visitors can post comments *    Yes    No
Visitors can rate files *    Yes    No

I've looked through the forums and documentation and haven't found anything to help.  In debug mode I can see that my coppermine version info is as below..

------------------
Coppermine version: 1.3.4
==========================

I'm pretty sure it said 1.3.5 at some point after my install of 1.3.5 yesterday.  I have the old tables for the 1.3.4 install as well as new tables for 1.3.5 in the same schema, could this be causing a problem?  Or is it something in relation to group, album or user setup I've managed to miss.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 09:09:56 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: Restricting access to albums based on user group.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 12:58:54 pm »

You need to enable private albums in config before that option will appear. Please read the manual.

jiffi

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Restricting access to albums based on user group.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 01:10:02 pm »

You're a star Nibbler.

I'd totally neglected to think of myself as a user when dis-abling that feature. Problem sorted but still a bit baffled by the version 1.3.4 thing.  Won't cause me any sleepless nights though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.