Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost admin access  (Read 5909 times)

jfattizzi

• Coppermine newbie
Lost admin access
« on: September 27, 2005, 05:49:49 pm »

I changed the cookies location in the config settings and now I cannot access the admin control panel in the photo gallery.  When I log on with my admin account, it just kicks me out.

Please help.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Lost admin access
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 06:40:43 pm »

What do you mean, you changed the cookies location?  You can change the name and the path.  If you changed the path, that's most likely the cause.  if you didn't put in a valid path, you won't get access.  I suggest using phpMyAdmin and changing the cookie path in cpg135_config back to:

Code: [Select]
/
You should also clear your cookies any time you make changes to Coppermine cookie settings.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

jfattizzi

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 07:59:40 pm »

awesome that worked.  But now for the real problem.

I am trying to integrate my phpbb forum with the photogallery.  The redirect login works, but when I enter my username and password, it only logs me into the forums and not the gallery.  Even when I am logged in at the forums the galley still has the login button like no one is authenticated.

What is wrong.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 10:35:34 pm »

Did you follow the integration instructions in the documentation, especially the cookie instructions?

Supply a link to your gallery site and a link to your phpbb site, and a test user/password.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.