Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restore factory settings  (Read 19633 times)

bree

• Coppermine novice
Re: Restore factory settings
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2005, 03:50:55 pm »

The problem with the config page is now fixed and I have put in all the values I had before and now none of the thumbs or images show up. The is just little boxes for the thumbnails and frames for the images. Any idea of what could have caused that and how to fix it?

I searched the boards and found this topic:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=14025.0

It is almost exactly the same as my problem the only difference is that none of the thumbnails or images load in Coppermine. If I type in the full links in my browser they show up. The other topic didn't have a solution but I thought it might give some help to what the problem is.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 07:41:58 am by GauGau »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2005, 04:36:20 pm »

Did you change the ecard URL to match your gallery's location?

bree

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2005, 04:42:14 pm »

Do you mean the option 'Target address for the 'See more pictures' link in e-cards', then yes I changed it, it is the galleries location.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2005, 04:47:55 pm »

hmmm... looking at the code, the img src isn't there. Since you have the 1.3.2 version of Coppermine, please upgrade to the latest, 1.3.5. Let's see if that fixes any issue with the previous files and address security flaws that have been discovered.

bree

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2005, 06:46:10 am »

I've downloaded the 1.3.5 files and I've backed up the database. The size is only 1.22MB, is that right? It seems a little small. The zip file has only one file in it michelle_gallery.sql. I just want to make sure it is right before I start to upgrade. Should upgrading to the latest version fix the problem with the thumbnails and pictures?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 07:08:09 am by bree »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2005, 07:28:11 am »

What do you mean about the zip file being named michelle_gallery.sql? Is that the backup of the database? The database doesn't have to be large since it is containing text data and not the photos themselves. The file is a text file so you can open it in a text editor to survey the info in it.

I don't know if this will fix it (someone else might have the answer). However, this would rule out issues with the previous files. It's like crime solving... you can't always pinpoint the criminal, but sometimes must do a process of elimination to settle upon a suspect.

bree

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2005, 07:36:50 am »

I mean that the zip file has only one file in it called michelle_gallery.sql. The backup is michelle_gallery.zip. I should've explained that better. The text file looks like it has everything in it. I will update the database tonight and post back if that fixes the problem or if I have any troubles. Again thank-you so much for the help you've given me, I am so appreciative!

bree

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2005, 04:09:16 pm »

I upgraded and the gallery works fine now. Thanks so much for all of your help everyone!

timberguy

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2006, 10:04:50 pm »

I also made this mistake and need some help. I am using a simplemachines forum and the bridge between that and Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.3.2 is still functional, however I am getting these errors and no gallerys or photos show and when I try to reset using config I get no change.

Notice: Undefined index: cookie_name in /home/www/mysite*edited/gallery/include/functions.inc.php on line 29

Notice: Undefined index: debug_notice in /home/www/mysite*edited/gallery/include/init.inc.php on line 315

I do have a back up of the whole database, but my coppermine tables are in the same database as the forums, although I think that is normal.  I do have phpMyAdmin installed on my server., but do not know how to replace tables.

Can anyone tell me firstly, what all is changed when you restore factory defaults, and secondly give me instruction on how to replace the current information in my tables with my back up information?  I am afraid to upgrade either SMF or Coppermine for fear of breaking the bridge to my forum because I had a heck of a time getting it right to begin with. The forum is pretty big with almost 300,000 posts and upgradeing it would be a big challenge.

Thank you all for any help you can provide. I posted this on this thread because it was so similar to my problem.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.