Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Understanding Coppermine (a single photo in more that one album)  (Read 3689 times)

Joehose

• Coppermine newbie
Understanding Coppermine (a single photo in more that one album)
« on: September 27, 2005, 03:30:39 pm »

Hello,

I am a brand new user. I just installed coppermine for the first time about 3 days ago. All seems to be going well so far but....

I stumbled across coppermine and thought it would be a great way to archive my entire collection of photos (~5000 photos at about 6GB). I have uploaded all photos and arranged them into albums. I set up 1 album for each month over the past 5 years. So the photos I took each month go into their respective album. I then added each of those albums to a special group called "Family." The intent was to allow access to the entire collection by only myself and maybe a few others like maybe my dad. All I would have to do is add him to the "Family" group. But now what I wanted to do was create additional public albums that contain some subset of the photos that are in the month albums. These public albums would include some of the better photos and prevent public guests from having to wade through the entire collection. But when I tried to do that I encountered problems. Here is what I did:

I created a category called "Nature."
I created an album in that category called "Flowers"
I then (using the batch method) selected photos to put into this new "Flowers" album.
Once all were selected I clicked the "Insert selected files" button.
On the next page I got all "DP" (file is a duplicate and is already in the database) images under the results column.

It seems that I can not have the same image in more than one album. Is there a work-around for this? Is there another method that I can implement to accomplish the same result? I had thought about doing another installation of coppermine in a different directory but reference the same "albums" folder in both installations but I am not sure if that would even work. This method would also seem cumbersome from an administrative point of view.

I did see this post (below). Has this actually been implemented yet, if so what version? I am using v. 1.3.3.
    One Image Multiple Albums - No reUpload
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2004, 12:14:52 PM »
Well I am locking this thread.

This feature is being implemented and not using links - no point in confusing the readers any further
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=2888.0

Any thoughts, suggestions, or ideas would be appreciated.

Joehose

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Understanding Coppermine (a single photo in more that one album)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 04:34:13 pm »

Yes, it's possible in 1.4, which goes unsupported while in beta. However, you would need to put the "originals" in the publicly accessible files and show the "copies" in the private albums. If it's the other way around, the photos cannot be viewed by the public because the privacy settings of the private albums will apply to the images even though they are in a public album.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.