Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mambo/Joomla  (Read 6617 times)

okstated

• Coppermine newbie
Mambo/Joomla
« on: September 25, 2005, 04:22:55 am »

Hi,

I have read that the upcoming version of CPG will finally incorporate bridging/integration with the Mambo CMS.

Much of the 3rd party support for Mambo have followed the original Mambo developement team to the new Joomla CMS along with a sizeable chunk of the mambo community.

I would have to say that coppermine is the best gallery system out there and it seemed that Mambo+coppermine users were just getting their lives made easier when the breakup in the Mambo community occured.

Have the CPG developers considered ensuring that this new bridge for mambo will also work with future versions of Joomla? www.joomla.org

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 04:28:02 am by okstated »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Mambo/Joomla
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 08:31:35 am »

we're aware of the fork. I'm not sure if a dev has already looked into Joomla and checked that the mambo bridge will work with the initial Joomla release as well.

okstated

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 02:05:48 pm »

I am trying to build a website that integrates Joomla!, SMF, and Coppermine all together. SMF is on the verge of a new stable release, Joomla I just recently switched to from Mambo, and Coppermine looks to be gearing up for a new stable release that will finally integrate properly with Mambo (possibly Joomla?). I am having difficulty deciding if I should go ahead and attempt to create this website with the current stable release of Coppermine or if I should just do without it until the current beta finally becomes a stable version.

My question then is how much time is it likely to take until a new stable version of Coppermine is released (if you're allowed to say) based off of historical knowledge of the Coppermine project and the progress that has been made so far?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 06:15:40 pm »

My question then is how much time is it likely to take until a new stable version of Coppermine is released (if you're allowed to say) based off of historical knowledge of the Coppermine project and the progress that has been made so far?
I have no idea - the usual answer is "When it's done".

okstated

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 07:48:55 am »

Thanks for the quick replies.

I suppose a better question would be: Do you have any sage advice?

If I use CPG1.3.x I will integrate it with SMF which I'll integrate with Joomla.
If I use CPG1.4.x Beta I will try to integrate it directly with Joomla.

My concern is whether there may be problems with integration after upgrading to the final CPG1.4.x stable release once it is out and if I may as well just do without until that time. If this is a few months away I can wait. If this is over a year away I'll go ahead and simply install one of the versions above if I know that upgrading is not likely to affect my site's overall integration. Wichever is most likely to upgrade the smoothest would be my choice.

Thanks for any advice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.