Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: revising front page to several column  (Read 3888 times)

stock

• Coppermine frequent poster
revising front page to several column
« on: September 24, 2005, 09:33:49 pm »

Hello

I found some very useful text in your mods section but it says to post any queries elsewhere, so here goes.

I adapted my front page to have three columns and have done some tweaks to make this work. However, I not have a gap at the top of the 2nd and 3rd column and cannot see where this is happening. I dont think it is in theme but may be wrong. Could someone advise please? A scrrenshot is attached to clarify what is happening.

Thanks
Stock
« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 06:16:13 pm by GauGau »

stock

• Coppermine frequent poster
Re: revising front page to several column
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 05:58:50 pm »

Hello,

after many hours of delving, I seem to have solved this. I'm afraid I can't give you all the code that was changed as it's way past when I used it. But if you look in mods as mentiioned in my previous post, you can get to the mod that was created to change the category front page into several boxes.

So, having put in the new code as mentioned, search for the following (after the note) as this has a bearing on the display. I hope this may be of some help to anyone. This is in theme.php and I changed the if...==   from 3 to 2.

Stock

please  now call this solved, thanks.

//the following figure has a bearing on the display of the catalogue thumbnails. Set at 3 gives a gap at top of 2nd and third column
If ($count%$columnCount==2) {
echo "</tr><tr>";
}
$count++;
   }
echo "</tr>";

spacebass5000

• Coppermine newbie
Re: revising front page to several column
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 04:15:10 pm »

which mod did you use to have a multicolumn category listing? i am looking through em all and none of them have any docs that explain what they do...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.