Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reading Exif comment data for coppermine caption  (Read 3999 times)

zeezee

• Coppermine newbie
Reading Exif comment data for coppermine caption
« on: September 05, 2006, 06:29:59 am »

I am currently running 1.3.5. Yes, I understand I should upgrade to 1.4.9 right away however I have installed a hack/mod for 1.3.x versions that allows the photos to be sorted by "date taken", not "date uploaded", http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=9360.0
Its critical to me that they are sorted as such, so I have yet to upgrade since that feature is not avaiable (to the best of my knowledge/searching) natively or via hack/mod.

I came across a plugin for 1.4.x that allows coppermine to use the Exif comments as the captions, http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=29229.0
and as Im about to upload about 5000 pictures all with exif comments already added it would be super if I didnt have to add them again as captions. Now I fully realize the plugin system wont work with 1.3.x and Im not asking for someone to port the hack for me, I was looking through the 2 files available in the plugin and there doesnt seem to be a whole lot of code there, but I dont know anything about how this plugin system works and wether I could try and use any of that code to make a mod for 1.3.x. Im not great at making original code but scriptkiddie I can do usually, just wondering if someone could tell me the possibilites of this? Am I way out in left field? If not, pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. If not, thanks for your time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.