Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Generating an email with 'my favourite pics'  (Read 23828 times)

stock

• Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Generating an email with 'my favourite pics'
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2005, 11:33:42 am »

Dennis,

thanks for all help last night. will report when I have achieved something.
Can't help looking at other peoples pictures - you have one or two nice ones in your vicinity yourself! Always willing to back up other photographers.

I'll be back.

Stock

stock

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2005, 10:29:11 pm »

Gau gau

I wondered if you have any other susggestions for zip file? Madeinhawaii has helped me with an idea but it is going to take me weeks to learn and all I really need is either:
i) sending the favourtie pics to an email or to a box like ecard, then can be emailed.

or

2) putting more than one pic in an ecard then sending.

I can't email from the site automatically using the admin email function anyway. I have checked my admin email details which seem to be correct. I've been on this for 2 days solid trying to find a soluion to the abaove with little programming knowledge and I am just frustrated. So I would be extremely extremely grateful of any suggestions or mods. It is normal for viewers of image libraries to be able to collect pictures in an area (Lightbox), which can Favourites can be used for, then send them to the library asking for details, and that's all I want to do if possible.

I appreciate you are all spending your own time so many thanks .

thanks

Stock

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2005, 08:05:14 am »

I'm not sure if I have understood this: did you ever get coppermine to send any emails at all (using ecards, notifications or registration emails)? If no, you'll have to fix this first.

stock

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2005, 02:04:54 pm »

gau gau

I have had test emails. I certainly get them when I a href and name the email address. I just need to double check again whether I get them though mailinc.

The mod you gave me originally used the actual address typed in not the mailer I think? With the mod there no sign of the contents of my favourites being emailed, not even an error, so it's just ignoring the code.

Stock

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2005, 06:34:29 pm »

hehe, I'm convinced that your client email app catches the links on webpages like <a href="mailto:foo@bar.com">email</a> pretty well, that's out of the question. Please read my above posting carefully once again: if you use coppermine to send an ecard to you, do you get the email sent to you? If no, you will have to fix this first - please read http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg13x/docs/index.htm#smtp

Richy.nl

• Coppermine novice
    • Richy.nl - Professional Photography
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2006, 07:19:57 pm »

Well folks!

I was thinking about this option also to set up a lightbox system to order photos online with Coppermine. Should it be a better idea to store the order in a new table in the MySQL database? I'm thinking about something like this:

table: cpg_photos_orders
fields: user_id, date, time, photourl, photoid, price,

Then a button / checkbox on the thumbnailpage / displayimage to add the photo to the basket.

The price of the photo is available in the 'custom field' of the photo, so a calculation can be made about the total costs of the photosets.

The admin can get a email when somebody did order a set of photos. This option is also available in the 'post comments' in the admin config. With this email the admin can get into the process of contact the person about the photos... etc...

Did somebody allready made such a function in Coppermine?

Maybe an idea to add it on the coppermine plugins for the 1.4. version?

My coppermine+E107 site is here: www.nopardon.com/portal/

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.