Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Static" link in thumbnail viev  (Read 4999 times)

netuser

• Coppermine newbie
"Static" link in thumbnail viev
« on: September 22, 2005, 07:39:10 pm »

I run my gallery on coppermine, but when uploading new images, links from thumbnail view to images change (because "pos" changes). Visitors often post links to their friends, but when I add something, all links are "old". How can I set "normal" ("static") links from thumbnail view?

netuser

Nibbler

Re: "Static" link in thumbnail viev
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 08:26:37 pm »

Use the special url designed for this very reason in the pic info section under the pic, it will be the one that looks like this:

http://yoursite.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?pos=-1234

fstop

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 10:11:15 pm »

Use the special url designed for this very reason in the pic info section under the pic, it will be the one that looks like this:

http://yoursite.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?pos=-1234
Where is the pic info section for the url you mention?  Is this a url to the picture or is there a url we can give out pointing to the album?

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 10:16:29 pm »

fstop,

You must have "File information is visible by default " enabled in Image View in your Config settings to see this.   It will be displayed under the intermediate image where ratings, comments, and other details are listed.

And yes, it is the URL to the picture.  In fact it is the URL to the exact page that the intermediate image is displayed.  So the recipient of this URL could easily click on the album link below the picture or above it to see the entire album, as well.

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 10:28:24 pm »

If you don't have that setting, you can click on the second-to-left button in the upper left hand corner of the image window. Depending on the theme, it looks like an 'i'.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.