Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you get a link to a pic?  (Read 2707 times)

chazcross

• Coppermine newbie
How do you get a link to a pic?
« on: September 25, 2005, 12:18:25 am »

I ussualy post  pics on other websites. Ive been storing pics on my server via ftp, but now i want to use an image gallery to help me manage my pics. I need to be able to grab a link to the location of my pics, but i didnt see any option to let me do this.

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Re: How do you get a link to a pic?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 12:38:30 am »

chazcross,

Create an new folder or a tree of folders in your coppermine/albums directory. DO NOT use any of the existing sub-directories under ALBUMS.  Those are reserved for other uses.

Move your image files into your new folder(s) accordingly.  Use the BATCH ADD tool in ADMIN mode to assign your pictures to whatever Categories and Albums you had previously created in your Coppermine setup.  If you didn't create Categories and  Albums, you have nowhere to assign your pictures. So, you need to do that first.

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

chazcross

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 12:55:29 am »

Thanks
Now all i need to do is grab the image url. It looks alot cleaner now than the urls from the pics i uploaded in coppermine.

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 02:08:22 am »

Thanks
Now all i need to do is grab the image url. It looks alot cleaner now than the urls from the pics i uploaded in coppermine.

I'm not sure I quite understand what you mean by "image url".   If you have enabled the "File information is visible by default " in Image View under your CONFIG tools, You should be able to grab the URL from there.

If what you require is the absolute URL, you will need to modify displayimage.php.  See here: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=1123.0

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.