Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnails and private albums  (Read 3622 times)

thefugitivesa

• Coppermine newbie
Thumbnails and private albums
« on: September 21, 2005, 11:18:39 pm »

Hi there

Firstly i must say, what an excellent bit of software!! I started playing with it earlier on this afternoon and am getting around everything pretty easily.

I downloaded one of the user themes and have been customising it but have come across a bit of a hiccup and was wondering if anyone else has tried to do this before. I have tried searching the forum but am starting to lose focus and haven't really come up with anything yet.

I have setup a couple main catagories with albums below them. Now for each album i want to have a thumbnail - Got that working fine. But now the trick is, i don't want to use a picture in the album for its thumbnail. I want to keep all the thumbnails in their own album out of the way from the rest of the gallery. - Cool, got that sorted but then when i make the thumbnail album private so that the public can't see it, then the thumbnails on the home page don't work?! I change the settings for the thumbnail album back so that everyone can view it and the thumbnails for the albums work fine...

You can check out www.gotmilk.co.za/gallery1/

I hope that makes sense?! Any help would be greatly appreciated

Have a wicked day!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 09:52:13 am by GauGau »

Aditya Mooley

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • My Sweet Home
Re: Thumbnails and private albums
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 07:21:08 am »

Set Show private album Icon to unlogged user to Yes under Files and thumbnails advanced settings in config to able to show the private album icon to users.
--- "Its Nice 2 BE Important but its more Important 2 Be NICE" ---
Follow Coppermine on Twitter

thefugitivesa

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Thumbnails and private albums
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 08:29:20 am »

Thx, i sort of managed to get things working.. i was trying to complicate things too much and just simplified everything and now i am slowly getting there.

Thx again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.