Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: transparent background looks blue  (Read 9705 times)

anna.y

• Coppermine novice
    • Toronto German Shepherd Dog Rescue
transparent background looks blue
« on: September 18, 2005, 10:51:03 pm »

I'm absolutely, totally frustrated and I need help with this, please.  ???

I'm trying to get the Classic Coppermine Theme to come as closely to my Forum/Joomla Themes as possible.

I need the various tables and elements placed on the main background.  When replacing the various other backgrounds with 'transparent' I get in FF browser the color 'blue' which is not what I want and  I'm not able to get rid of. It is 'transparent' in EI...

I am very, very new to all this, spend hours and hours reading various threads and tutorials and at the moment I seem to understand even less than yesterday. I'm  stuck at the dead end.

The Coppermine is at http://www.torontogsdrescue.org/gallery, forum is at http://www.torontogsdrescue.org/Forum, and my Joomla at http://www.torontogsdrescue.org...  All is still a work in progress... eventually  to be all put together...

Thank you so much for otherwise a wonderful Product.  :)

Anna

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Re: creating a skin, where to start?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 11:14:52 pm »

Anna,

I'm looking at the specs on the Web Accessibility Toolbar (Creative Commons License)  that Donnoman suggests above.  Have you tried that at all? Looks to me like that would help resolve much of your color issues.   I'm downloading that myself.

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

anna.y

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 11:51:37 pm »

Yes madeinhawaii, I do have it and I do use it, but obviously not well enough...

I do not understand why the 'transparent' color translates to 'blue' in FF and not in EI.

I'm probably missing something very basic...

And I need help.

Thank you again...

Anna

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 12:20:56 am »

anna,

search for #0000e0  in your CSS, template.html.  theme.php files. That's the blue you see.

Dennis.
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 12:30:25 am »

hmmm... are you using colorzilla? :) That's the value I searched for in the style sheet and html source code and didn't find that, or blue.

anna.y

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 01:08:21 am »

Thank you for the suggestions.

I don't know what colorzilla is, so I'm probably not using it.

I think that that main blue table does not have specified color background, but I have no idea which element that is...

anna,

search for #0000e0 in your CSS, template.html. theme.php files. That's the blue you see.

Dennis.

I went line by line several times through all 3 files and I really don't know enough to see  where the problem is... 

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 01:48:03 am »

Anna,

Are you deliberately selecting <span style="color: Navy;"> for your messages? Because I just realized that all of your messages are coming out blue or "Navy".

When you searched your files did you find #0000e0 anywhere?  If you did, try changing those values to Transparent.  Make sure you backup your file first, just incase you need to undo what you did.

If you didn't find #0000e0, try searching for "Navy"

Dennis

anna.y

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 02:07:18 am »

Thank you Dennis;

Are you deliberately selecting <span style="color: Navy;"> for your messages?

Yes, I do...  I use  it on my own forum and automatically here as well.  Do you think that this might have something to do with my blue background...?  ;) ;D

Anna,

When you searched your files did you find #0000e0 anywhere? If you did, try changing those values to Transparent. Make sure you backup your file first, just incase you need to undo what you did.

If you didn't find #0000e0, try searching for "Navy"

Dennis

I went numerous times over all files and I do not see #0000E0 nor 'navy'. Does not mean it's not there somewhere...

However to 'loose' the blue on the sides I had to ADD the line to

table {
        font-size: 12px;
        background-color: transparent;
}

therefore I suspect that I need to add the same line to something else, somewhere... I just don't know enough to locate the place myself...

I rather think that if this 'blue' was coded in and needed replacing  it would be showing up in EI as well.  ??? ??? ???

I wish I knew more...

Anna

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2005, 02:55:58 am »

Looks like you figured it out since the blue is no longer there. :)

anna.y

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 03:22:22 am »

Are you looking on IE TranzNDance? There was no problem there.

Now I'm stuck with the styleguide which I was trying to use.  I cannot separate it from my Coppermine, it's a complete disaster ??? I tried to clear my cache, even rebooting the computer.  Again, it seems free of styleguide in EI but not FF...

Now, I'm afraid to touch it, I don't want to make it worse...  without some guidance.

This is what I've got on my screen, changing the theme makes no difference.  Can I just remove the styleguide from the server?

Anna

anna.y

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005, 03:32:19 am »

OK, I separated the Styleguide, (I panicked there for a moment)  but I still have the 'blue' there.  Styleguide did not cover that part at all.  Does it mean that the problem is not in CSS?

It might be easier to have another theme as a starting point?

Did not realize that this is so complicated...

Anna

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2005, 04:04:56 am »

hmmm... I thought I had seen it in Firefox earlier. Maybe it was an open IE window that I opened before then. But I thought I had checked that I was viewing in FF.

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2005, 04:14:51 am »

Anna,

I hope you are not changing the colors of the lines you edit in the html, php, or css files when you are editing them like you do here.  That would cause all kinds of problems.

Looking at the source file of your site, I still think it's in your Theme.php file.

Do a search for the word   color .
See if there are any references to blue, navy, #0000e0 in any of the <Table     > entries, or any other number except  #000000 and #FFFFFF.

Dennis

anna.y

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2005, 05:25:19 am »

Hi Dennis, thank you for your input; I most certainly do not manually add any color tags for the text in the templates or CSS files...   I am very new, but not THAT stupid... (though I wonder sometimes...)  ;)

There is nowhere any reference to blue, navy or #0000e0 - triple checked it.

When I added the line to CSS referring to background-color: transparent;  the edge became transparent...

table {
        font-size: 12px;
}

In the first screen pick 'blue'  is bleeding to the edge, in the second, when table HAS the line "background-color: transparent;" added it does in fact become transparent...  but only that one table...

This is really getting frustrating...   

Anna

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: transparent background looks blue
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2005, 05:39:55 am »

(I've split this from the sticky thread which should not be filled up with a prolonged support situation).

This is strange. I saved the gallery page to my computer and then looked at the source code. Everything that was 'transparent' became '#0000e0'. There are some inline styles that were using the transparent setting. You should remove the first instance of it in the first td tag.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2005, 05:40:39 am »

bgcolor="transparent" isn't valid html and this is exactly what's causing your problems. I found 4 occurances of that in your html. There's a high probability it's in your template.html

anna.y

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2005, 08:15:06 am »

Thank you Stramm and TranzNDance;

After removing the bgcolor="transparent" from the template, the 'blue' turned into 'black'...

However, when I added  one little line in CSS

td {
}

it fixed  the problem - after 14 hours of sheer frustration!!!!

Unbelievable...

It's still a mess, but that can wait until the morning...

Thank you again

Anna
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.