Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: assistance with table layout  (Read 3673 times)

ortem

• Coppermine newbie
assistance with table layout
« on: September 18, 2005, 05:11:15 am »

first, let me start by saying that I really like this software, and I am grateful for the team who works on it and the fact that it is free... and I just noticed today the picture scroll feature where if the image goes beyond the scroll of the page then you are able to slick it to open a new window - very nice - thank you kindly

but

my big issue with coppermine is that fact use of tables... and tables within tables... and tables within tables within tables... I am working to customize a site for the first time and that tables are a bit of a headache to work with

so please, please, please consider making a clean version of coppermine with CSS next time

with that said, can someone please help me to work out how to get the album nav row and the filmstrip row to match the main album table in width... I have been working on this for hours now and I just can't seem to make it work... I tried setting the rows in the theme.php to 100% or 600 pixels (which is the width of the album table) but it is not working... adding another image to the filmstrip row will throw it off and make it wider then the album table so all I need to do is to make the row itself wider rather then fixed - I know how to make the revisions but I can't find the "where"

any helpful suggestions would be appreciated

thank you
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 06:17:44 am by kegobeer »

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: assistance with table layout
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 05:13:16 am »

There are plenty of posts about CSS vs tables.  Please take some time and look around a bit.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 05:39:53 am »

To change the width of your filmstrip, open up your theme.php file, look for function theme_display_film_strip, then change

Code: [Select]
starttable('');
to

starttable('100%');
If you want it tied to the "Width of the table for file display" setting in config, do this:

starttable($CONFIG['picture_table_width']);
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

ortem

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 06:02:52 am »

thank you soooooooooo much for the input... greatly appreciated

I am sure that the css vs. table argument has gone on for a while now but rather than join in I just wanted to state my opinion... perhaps I will jump into the fray another time

thanks again!

:)

« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 06:33:09 am by ortem »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.