Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I changed servers, copying over my gallery as is and now it's not working...  (Read 3322 times)

traypup

• Coppermine novice

...shocker, I know.
I sort of knew this would happen, but kind of hoped it wouldn't. ; )

i went from a shared server with my hosting company to my own server to host all of my domains and the tech guys migrated all of my stuff over from the old server to the new. So, when i try to reach my coppermine gallery (sunshinefactory.net/coppermine), I get

Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Access denied for user: 'mysqlsf@localhost' (Using password: YES)

I'm sure that the new control panel setup (used Ensim on the old server; am now using CPanel) just rearranged a number of things, including my MySQL usernames and paths, but I don't know how to go into Coppermine and fix it. It was my first install of any open source package and I managed to do it...just barely...so I am completely baffled at this point.

I'm considering wiping it out and starting all over, but I had a lot of photos in the gallery and would rather not.
then again, a reinstall would probably teach me how to do it right.

Any ideas on where I should start?
Thanks,
Tracey
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 05:57:08 am by kegobeer »

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography

Tracey,

When you moved over did the techs also copy over your database?  Run phpMYadmin from your domain and see if your database even exists.  If so, double check the config.inc.php settings in your coppermine/include folder.   

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

traypup

• Coppermine novice

Dennis,

good point! Yep, the database was there, but it had a new name. I went into the config.inc.php file and changed that, but it's still not working. i think the tech may have changed the password for the database, because I tried the old one, his test one that he used for other stuff, and the root password on this domain. alas. I will email him and see what he did. Unless you know how I can go into the DB and change the password. I'm not familiar enough with phpMYadmin to figure it out.

Thanks!
Tracey

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website

If you have the necessary permissions, you can create/edit users in phpMyAdmin.  Click the Privileges link to access that data.

You can find documentation on phpMyAdmin by doing a Google search for phpmyadmin.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography

Ditto on Kegobeer's suggestion.  But, if your database name is different, best to ask the techs whether they ported over the right database to begin with. 

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

traypup

• Coppermine novice

SWEET!!!!!
I did it! I did it!

Thanks so much you guys! I made a new user and updated the config.inc.php file to match it and voila! I am in! I think this control panel added a prefix to the existing DB and that's why the name is different, so I switched that too and my gallery is BACK!

You guys made my day. Thanks so much for your help.

Tracey

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website

Glad to help.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.