Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Force input of a name to guest comments  (Read 5277 times)

Ryukia

• Coppermine newbie
Force input of a name to guest comments
« on: September 15, 2005, 05:51:02 pm »

Hi,

How can I set up or modify Coppermine in the way that guests are forced to input something in the name field before a comment is saved?

My Problem is, that someone used a picture grabber software on our gallery which resulted in dozens of of comments with the name "Dein Name" and all available smilies shown in the comment field, as the grabbing software was following each link (chosing smilies) and finally using the OK-Link which saved the whole thing... :-\\

Thx
  Ryukia

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Force input of a name to guest comments
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 08:36:14 am »

The "OK" link is not actually a link, but a submit button. I have never heard of software that "pushes" buttons deliberately. What logic should possibly be applied to stop the comment if it's non-empty: some people just enter a smiley as their comment. I recommend that you disable comments for anonymous users instead.

Ryukia

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 10:13:09 pm »

The "OK" link is not actually a link, but a submit button. I have never heard of software that "pushes" buttons deliberately.

Well, the software he used was Picaloader. Seems to act quite aggressive...

What logic should possibly be applied to stop the comment if it's non-empty: some people just enter a smiley as their comment. I recommend that you disable comments for anonymous users instead.

Not the comment field, the name field. Guests should be forced to enter something in the name field

Same problem with users who think they are logged in but aren't. Comments are saved unter the name "Dein Name"

Ciao
  Ryukia

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 08:51:57 am »

like I said: I recommend disabling anonymous comments. You could as well code an additional check that only sends the from if the name is not empty and is not "Dein Name".
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.