Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Relate Groups to Albums  (Read 3719 times)

folkezon

• Coppermine newbie
Relate Groups to Albums
« on: September 13, 2005, 11:48:06 pm »

??? I've just started to test the features, so I hope I have not missed something that is obvious...
The gallery is going to serve a community ( a dancing club) and any other visitors to the web site. The more organized structure of pictures are supposed to be maintained by the admin and a number of registered users that also are the more ambitious photographers and uploaders. But it should be nice if any user now and then could upload pictures to an open album, that also should be public to be seen by anybody.

But there is only one level of rights for uploading (or maybe 2 - the admin controlled one that did not work for me), you can upload or not. If you can upload you can upload to all albums that allow visitors to upload.
One more level of rights for the groups could help, you can upload to only your User Gallery Albums or you can upload to ALL albums (that allow upload from visitors) If the User gallery album then could be made public just for viewing, this could be a solution for what I try to do. Anyone could log in as a Guest user to upload pictures but only to the Guest User Gallery album.

The more general approach should be to allow uploads to album and be able to choose between all visitors that can uppload or only one special group (that can upload).

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Relate Groups to Albums
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 08:27:07 am »

is this supposed to be a feature request?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.