Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: thumbs for albums in categories on the index page  (Read 5205 times)

roRisc

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://rom.ods.org
thumbs for albums in categories on the index page
« on: December 05, 2003, 10:40:32 am »

thought of a theme-feature request

on the index page all the visitors see is TEXT.
payed close attention to how my friends react when I upload an album:

they don't know in what cattegory to look for it. so they have to try each of them and check again for TEXT, as I also have subcategories.

finaly - most of them give up, and when I pass them a link of the new album they go like: "I didn't know you've uploaded it, it wasn't there'

ok, now that the scenario is done, what I'd like to see in the future is an option that would enable the viewing of thumbnails (smaller thumbnails then the default, just so they fit in the space already existent in the table on the index page.

worded differently: for a category that has 3 albums, 3 small thumbnails would apear at the right of the category's title, that would link to the three albums, so that average Joe won't have to click through 5 subcategories to get to the desired album...

.. I have 3 months beginers experince with php, and frankly, would do t myself. I'd really need some advice on it before I start :)

thanks a bunch.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
thumbs for albums in categories on the index page
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 11:14:57 am »

I think what you are after is already there.
In config, in 'Album List View', set 'Show first level album thumbnails in categories' to YES, and set the 'Size of thumbnails in pixels' (2 lines above) to somethng like 25.

DO NOT change the 'Max dimension of a thumbnail *' in 'Pictures and thumbnail settings'.

Check this is what you want in 'user mode'.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.