Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loading content into frame  (Read 3414 times)

sabrewolf

• Coppermine newbie
Loading content into frame
« on: September 09, 2005, 01:35:47 am »

Hi all :-D

I would like to thank everyone at coppermine for an excellent image-gallery. I have spent the last three weeks trying to learn as much php as i can before asking any dumb questions ;-) However i am stuck at one central  issue. How do i modify login.php so i can load different page into a target? What i want to do is this: when someone succesfully logs into coppermine, i want it to load a page called menu2.htm into a target frame called "_menu".  I want my registered users to have access to a complete menu, while the unregistered are confined to using a different menu with fewer options. If someone could help me or just point me in the right direction, i would be forever grateful ;-) Thanks again for a great image gallery.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Loading content into frame
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 08:20:49 am »

using frames is not recommended at all, as it has huge drawbacks. You can show menu items for logged in users within the regular coppermine navigation - take a look at http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=21571.0 for example

sabrewolf

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Loading content into frame
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 11:15:55 pm »

Thanks for your response GauGau, it's highly appreciated :D I am rethinking the frames bit, but i am stuck with them right now. I will try and clarify what i am trying to do,  I am using a flash tree menu with an xml file to load the different nodes. I have two different xml-files depending on whether or not the user is logged in. So basically i would like to add a function that loads the correct menu when a user logs in.  I might be able to do this another way, by using the php function swfaction() to load an swf with the correct datasource, but i am unsure where to put this function, if it even works. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.