Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Templates Required  (Read 4057 times)

meenop

• Coppermine newbie
Multiple Templates Required
« on: September 11, 2005, 11:24:57 pm »

Hello everyone,

Tried searching my answer in the entire board, but not found anywhere.

Here's what I need...

I need to have 3 seperate template files for each of the 3 categories I have.

The categories are Pictures, Movies and Stories.

Each template file will be the exact same but only some text, and an image needs to be changed on each of them.

My question is... how do I link each category with the its corresponding template file?

Please help. I need to sort this out.

Thank you in advance.  :)

Kind Regards,
Meenop

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Re: Multiple Templates Required
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 11:47:53 pm »

Each template file will be the exact same but only some text, and an image needs to be changed on each of them.

Sorry, but I really don't understand the point of doing this.  If all the templates are the same, then the same template should do.

If only the image representing the category needs to be changed, that's automatic too.

If some text for each category has to be different, that's also automatic as well.

The description you enter into each category and album are unique for that specific category and album.  Same goes for any thumbnail.

The categories and albums can only be assigned images that are within the said category and album. So these are unique for that specific category and album as well.

Dennis

Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

meenop

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 09:39:50 am »

Thanks Dennis for your prompt answer, and help.  :D

I guess I have asked the question in a vague form.  ::)

Let me clarify.

OK! Actually, on each template I have a seperate 'side menu' which has some options specfic to that menu only.
For example: Picture Template has menu options like Animals, Business Media etc. Movie Template has options
such as City Tour, Funny Clips etc. (Call these options as sub-categories)

Now I would like to have these menu options listed in each of my designated side menu space, instead of
just appearing in the default manner of Coppermine.

How do I put each of these links on seperate template pages, and in side menus?

Hope the question is clear now?

Thanks for your help, Dennis.

Meenop

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 10:23:27 am »

Oh jeez, I'm out of my league here. I'm sure some of the others here can help you better than I can.

Cause, this is what I would do.  And it might not be right.

Create different theme folders for each of your different templates.

Follow this link and download the complexshop.txt file at the bottom of the first message. http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=19491.msg33518#msg33518

In it, look at the section that describes modifications to the init.inc.php file.  Substitute $_GET["album"] with $_GET["cat"]=='10' (where 10 would be the cat number you see in your URL address when you click on a catalog.

Follow the instructions to call the right theme for the right catalog.

This will work for all catalogs except lastup, random, favorites... which you may want to create a separate or default theme template.

Otherwise, you may want to look into an integrated CMS option.  PostNuke. Dragonfly, Mambo?

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 19 queries.