Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: user albums in categories?  (Read 3039 times)

fstop

• Coppermine newbie
user albums in categories?
« on: September 23, 2005, 12:07:32 pm »

I have created a few categories, When a user creates an album, they can't pick a category, everything goes to User Gallery.  IS that the way it works or am i overlooig something in the docs?

Nibbler

Re: user albums in categories?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 12:12:15 pm »

Users can only create albums inside the user galleries category. Then can upload to existing public albums if you allow it.

fstop

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 03:48:47 pm »

Okay, thanks.  Perhaps I'm not understanding the nature of this type of software but if I create categoories, what's the point in having categories if people can't create albums in them?  ???  For example, the holiday season is coming up.  I created a category, Holiday Albums, for people to create seasonal/holiday albums of photos and artwork.  But people can't create albums in the category so I guess that's what has me confused since what's the point of having the category if it can't be used by the site's users for thei respective albums?  Everything instead gets lumped in under User Gallery?  Sorry to sound so dense, obviously I'm not understanding something.  :)

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 05:31:50 pm »

Users cannot create public albums - they can only create private albums.  You can create public albums and then allow users to upload into them.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.