Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loading content into frame  (Read 3420 times)

sabrewolf

• Coppermine newbie
Loading content into frame
« on: September 09, 2005, 01:35:47 am »

Hi all :-D

I would like to thank everyone at coppermine for an excellent image-gallery. I have spent the last three weeks trying to learn as much php as i can before asking any dumb questions ;-) However i am stuck at one central  issue. How do i modify login.php so i can load different page into a target? What i want to do is this: when someone succesfully logs into coppermine, i want it to load a page called menu2.htm into a target frame called "_menu".  I want my registered users to have access to a complete menu, while the unregistered are confined to using a different menu with fewer options. If someone could help me or just point me in the right direction, i would be forever grateful ;-) Thanks again for a great image gallery.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Loading content into frame
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 08:20:49 am »

using frames is not recommended at all, as it has huge drawbacks. You can show menu items for logged in users within the regular coppermine navigation - take a look at http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=21571.0 for example

sabrewolf

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Loading content into frame
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 11:15:55 pm »

Thanks for your response GauGau, it's highly appreciated :D I am rethinking the frames bit, but i am stuck with them right now. I will try and clarify what i am trying to do,  I am using a flash tree menu with an xml file to load the different nodes. I have two different xml-files depending on whether or not the user is logged in. So basically i would like to add a function that loads the correct menu when a user logs in.  I might be able to do this another way, by using the php function swfaction() to load an swf with the correct datasource, but i am unsure where to put this function, if it even works. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.