Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seriously messed up my gallery  (Read 5993 times)

TexasTrio

• Coppermine newbie
Seriously messed up my gallery
« on: September 07, 2005, 04:12:51 pm »

I recently took over a website from someone, and they were using a Coppermine Gallery ver 1.3.2. I made the mistake of trying to change the front page of the gallery to show my email address instead of the old address. I looked at the source code, copied it, made the changes, and uploaded it.

But because I was logged in at the time, the main page on my gallery now looks like this:

http://www.texas-trio.com/gallery/

It used to have the extension of gallery/index.php, and I uploaded it as such, but now I notice it's not showing that.

But, the biggest problem is that it shows the admin buttons to everyone (although it appears they are not functional and they only appear on the front page--if you get inside the galleries and are not an admin, they don't appear on internal pages) and also will not allow anyone to remain logged in to the gallery. If you log in, it immediately logs you back out. If you click on a photo, it prompts you to log in again, and then you can view the photos, but from the main page (the one I changed) nothing works.

And, the links to the galleries inside don't seem to take you any place. As far as I can tell the galleries themselves are still intact as far as content, but you can't access them.

So...how badly did I screw this up? It seems like maybe it's a simple coding fix and not really a problem with Coppermine, but when I uploaded the code exactly as it appeared before I made any changes, it didn't correct anything.

So basically, I'm confused and hoping someone more familar with coding when working with Coppermine can help me.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Seriously messed up my gallery
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 04:14:19 pm »

What exactly did you edit?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 04:31:22 pm »

Replace your index.php with a fresh one from the download package. Updating your gallery at the same time would be good idea.

TexasTrio

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 04:39:35 pm »

What exactly did you edit?

Well, basically what I did--and I know, I was stupid to mess around with it to begin with--was I went in to the front page of the gallery and viewed the source code. I copied that into my HTML editor, and changed the link for the contact email address that was listed. I tested it in my HTML editor, and it looked like it all worked, so I uploaded that as the index.php to the server.

But...I'm guessing because I was logged in at the time, it copied the HTML code as the page looked to an admin--hence the admin buttons, which normally don't appear to anyone but me. When I saw that, I took the old source code (prior to any changes, which I had saved) replaced what I had done (so basically, the email address link was back to the old one) and reuploaded that. So at this point, the source code is exactly as I copied it originally.

Somwhere, the code to log in is corrupted or screwed up, most likely because when I copied the code, I was logged into the gallery as the admin (I should have copied it before I logged in, I guess, but I didn't think the admin functions would show on the code for some reason.) Now, when you log in as anyone, it welcomes you...then immediately says "Bye-Bye" and logs you out. And if you click on a picture, it asks you to log in, then it'll show you the normal galleries, as long as you don't go back to the first page and try to navigate.

If that makes any sense. Basically, I need to get the page back to what it looks like to an unlogged in user, which would be:

1. You don't see the admin buttons
2.The logout link actually should say log-in
3.The links to galleries work (if you click on them now, it just takes you back to the same front page) but to actually view the thumbnails you have to log in.

Replace your index.php with a fresh one from the download package. Updating your gallery at the same time would be good idea.

Don't hate me, but I'm gonna plead complete dunce-itude here. At this point, I'm almost afraid to touch anything because I don't want to mess it up more. I don't know if someone can walk me through both of those steps, as when it comes to stuff like this, I'm a computer idiot. I'm really paranoid about messing something up--it probably is something easy, but I've had so many other problems trying to figure out all the other--non Coppermine--coding that I'm just scared I'm gonna delete the whole thing. It's a huge gallery, so I don't want to lose it or completely wreck it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 04:44:41 pm by TexasTrio »

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 04:46:53 pm »

Just follow the update instructions in the docs and everything will be sorted.

TexasTrio

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 04:58:48 pm »

Just follow the update instructions in the docs and everything will be sorted.

So if I download the update, and load that index.php file, it should fix it?

I guess I'm just a bit confused because I want to make sure my graphics and stuff stay in there, so I didn't think they would be with a new version. Or if I just update with the new versions index.php, it'll account for all that.

Or, I need to do that to fix the old version first, then install the new version? I think I'm gonna try to have someone else do it for me, so I wanna make sure I'm telling them the right thing.

I know...you're ready to hit me over the head now, aren't ya?

Nibbler

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 05:12:08 pm »

You worry too much. :)

Updating will both solve the issue and make your gallery more secure at the same time. If you want to PM me FTP details I can do the update for you but it's fairly simple.

TexasTrio

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 05:26:47 pm »

You worry too much. :)

Updating will both solve the issue and make your gallery more secure at the same time. If you want to PM me FTP details I can do the update for you but it's fairly simple.

Oh my gosh...could you seriously do that for me? If so, that would be awesome! You're awesome!

Considering how long it took me to figure out the templates in Moveable Type for the news blog on the site, I'm not too confident I wouldn't screw up the gallery stuff.

I'll PM you the details right now. Thank you thank you thank you so much!

ETA: Nibbler hooked me up and took care of me, so this can get closed now. Thank ya'll so much! You saved me!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 06:01:05 pm by TexasTrio »

TexasTrio

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 03:04:51 pm »

One more quick question--the galleries are working fine (thank goodness!) But this morning when I went to upload a picture, I noticed my albums in the drop down list (where you choose what album you want the uploaded picture in) had changed their names a little. My site is about three swimmers, and they each have their own sections inside the gallery.

Previously, my pulldown menu would say, for example, "Aaron Peirsol: 2004 Olympics". Basically every album for that swimmer had his name in the front of it, same with the other two. But now, it just says, "Photos: 2004 Olympics".  But since the other two swimmers also have pictures from that event, I now have three albums that say "Photos: 2004 Olympics" (but they all have different pics, as they are supposed to.) That makes placing photos kind of hard, to say the least. :D It also does the same thing with any of my video files, except it says "Video" instead of photos. Putting the photos into the albums still works--I just have to guess at which one I'm placing it in, and them move them if I guessed wrong.

When you're viewing the album list, everything is still sorted correctly and everything. So I'm wondering if I'll need to connect to my ftp server and just change the names of those folders, replacing Photo with the correct name. I just wanted to check and make sure that this is what I should do, or if this sounds like something that can be changed in Coppermine itself.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 11:46:18 pm »

one question per thread!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.